Royale

Despacito is now the most streamed song of all time!

2017061929WJ8U_ori.png

“Despacito” has earned record streams muy rapido. In just six months, the Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee track (Universal Music Latin Entertainment) and its remix with Justin Bieber (UMLE/RBMG/Def Jam/Republic) has become the most streamed song of all time, with more than 4.6b global plays, something we've been anticipating for a while now. 

The global hit has topped the charts en todo el mundo–35 countries to be exact–including ten straight weeks in the U.S. It’s also el primero Spanish-language song to top Spotify’s Global 50 Chart.

Coincidentally “Despacito” breaks Bieber’s own streaming record for “Sorry” (4.38b plays).

Fonsi was understandably muy feliz at the news. "Streaming is a connector for audiences worldwide and it has helped my music reach every corner of the planet,” he said. “It is truly an honor that ‘Despacito’ is now the most streamed song in history.”

Universal Music Group Chairman & CEO Sir Lucian Grainge was feeling equally contento about the achievement. “Luis Fonsi already had the undisputed, biggest song of the year – and now he’s setting even bigger records. Streaming has opened up the possibility of a song with a different beat, from a different culture and in a different language to become a juggernaut of success around the world.”

x

Just now, Michael. said:

it will happen, rat!

Rihanna queen of streams

giphy.gif

Rat? I can't relate!

She's the queen of streams indeed, but I don't think that ha streaming power is enough this time

giphy.gif

I find this so amazing that a Spanish language and reggaeton song keeps on achieving new records and heights. Luis and DY really deserve the success it's having. I'm a massive DY stan and known that he's been trying to make it big in the US and now he's well known worldwide. I love talent winning and the haters can despacito kiss my ass

giphy.gif