Sign in to follow this  

Chester Bennington of Linkin Park commits suicide

QUINN 19,357

Details below:

Spoiler

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide

Vertigo-go 18,825

Dude! That band was unbelievably popular when I went to school. I feel sorry for millions of fans. LP were probably the only non-bullshit alt band from the Mtv age. Really sad. Rest in peace, Chester.

QUINN 19,357

My sister is gonna be so wrecked over this. LP was her gateway into music cry9 I just got her tickets to see them at the Hollywood Bowl this October.  ugh this is a tragedy.

Urbanov 47,484
3 minutes ago, QUINN said:

NO FUCKING WAY

Unfortunately you're right cry9 I'm surprised that the only source is TMZ though

QUINN 19,357
1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

Unfortunately you're right cry9 I'm surprised that the only source is TMZ though

Not that surprising. They're the first to break a lot of these stories. 

Vilppu 10,019

It's not a hoax, other sites are confirming it as well and TMZ is a reliable source.

This is heartbreaking, may he rest in peace.

Urbanov 47,484

He left six kids cry9 He seemed to be alright, I'm really curious what happened that he commited a suicide cry9

Aleco 471

this is a terrible news :( first for the children and family, and of course for the fans it is a very sad news, linkin park is so iconic for my generation at least. I feel sad because they came two months ago to Perú and I missed de concert.

Kristina 3,100

This is really sad and unexpected. We all grew up with Linkin Park, let's be real brit2 Never been a fan but they definitely have some classics. RIP.