sledgehammer

Kylie Minogue vs Gwen Stefani

I often see their fans fighting here, so let's make a thread about them.

Kylie Minogue

-released 13 studio albums

-sold over 70 million records, including some of the best selling albums of all time in the UK/AUS

-achieved multiple hits, successful tours

Biggest hits:

Gwen Stefani

-released 6 albums with No Doubt and 3 solo albums

-achieved multiplatinum albums all over the world, including a DIAMOND certification for Tragic Kingdom

-often labeled as a big fashion icon

Biggest hits:

Your turn now:

Bigger music career?

Better music/discography?

Better performer?

Better music videos?

More classics?

More influential?

Spill it.bey6bey6

Hard choice but I'm gonna go with Gwen 

Reasons why I chose Gwen :

-She's got two songs called Cool and Don't Speak which described my life 

-She's Italian

-Love.Angel.Music.Baby is one of my favorite pop albums ever

-I don't know many songs by Kylie moo1 

I like me some No Doubt era Gwen and her first solo record but there's no contest. Just about everything of Kylie's post-Impossible Princess is awesome.

Whereas Kylie's first couple albums are garbage, she really developed as a performer later in her career and has released some truly awesome albums, aging like wine, becoming a better singer, and looking flawless and cheerful to boot. She's unrivaled for bringing optimism and joy to pop music, can collaborate with just about anyone in the studio and produce the goods, and remains an icon despite the US's poor taste.

I don't feel like Gwen ever developed vocally past what she's always done and as fun as LAMB was she's never come even remotely close to presenting a decent follow-up. She was at her best and most consistent in a band, not as a solo performer.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

hmmm i've never even thought to compare the two – they're pretty different imo. but if i had to i'd def lean towards Gwen more, mostly for personal enjoyment reasons. I've tried a few times to get into Kylie but I never really care for anything past her big bops (like GOOMW).

And Gwen I think has just made more of an impact culturally and musically not just hits-wise but with other artists taking cues/inspiration from her (Fergie, Charli XCX, maybe Miley a bit, even feel like she might've influenced Madonna's HC sound). Maybe Kylie has influenced artists that I just don't know about idk. Also Gwen's look is much more iconic let's be real.

There's nothing iconic about Gwen, she's an overrated has-been. A one-era-wonder as a solo act and also with ND. Kylie is an icon, and CGYOOMH alone is bigger than Gwen's entire existence. Not to mention Kylie can actually sing and pretty well, also her music is better. Stop disrespecting Kyliesus by comparing her to that inferior woman. kylie2 

19 hours ago, havok said:

There's nothing iconic about Gwen, she's an overrated has-been. A one-era-wonder as a solo act and also with ND. Kylie is an icon, and CGYOOMH alone is bigger than Gwen's entire existence. Not to mention Kylie can actually sing and pretty well, also her music is better. Stop disrespecting Kyliesus by comparing her to that inferior woman. kylie2 

it's funny cuz my first (and last? jj3) memories of seeing Kylie on tv was on MTV "One Hit Wonders" all the time...i'm sure yall know for what song. tbh it was my favourite video/song to come on there and i always bopped to it as a kid butttttt... yeah. jj3 kylie2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The one that has enough fans to have a permasection 

April Fools Day was 3 months ago sis    Anyway Kylie, duh

me , i am the superior chanteuse  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.