Kyoteki

Will Music Journalism forever be trash and never improve? A discussion on reviews and how the artists effect them

Journalists are humans, they have their opinions, and they need a paycheck to pay their rent.  People pay attention to the artist behind the music to get to correlate lyrics, sound and the aesthetic of the album with the artist themselves.  That's the whole reason why y'all stan in the first place, no? Because I listen to all types of genres outside of pop, I don't really care particularly what a music journalist has to say, I use reviews as an indication of what's poppin. 

On 7/24/2017 at 7:11 AM, Grimhilde said:

Notice how he starts both of the follow-up reviews by stating why he hates Lana and spends the first few minutes ranting about Born to Die. Chile boo...why are you so bothered by the album and its success? Because you didn't see it coming? Well too fucking bad you were late to the party.

The most funny part is that these three albums are sonically incredibly different from each other, yet he keep going on and on about her persona and her as an artist and doesn't even acknowledge the versatility.

The dislike ratio dead4 

But I do agree with some of his comments.

Especially Ultraviolence  cause holy shit that album is bad. dead4 

2 minutes ago, Grimhilde said:

@Hunty Bear @Lachlan @Americunt get ha! jj3 

Why do you think UV is bad by the way? I wanna at least understand why you feel that way.

The themes were uncomfortable, her vocals just sounded drawn out, drugged, boring and nothing exciting.

The instrumentals didn't do anything to make the album sound any better, the only good song on there was "West Coast"and even then I like the RADIO EDIT more

It actually adds life to the already bland vocals and her vocals sound a bit better here dead4 

She's a bit better in Honeymoon and SO MUCH BETTER In Lust for Life.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Popfection is iconic, the only music outlet y'all should visit. /thread

In this video, this Youtube Music Reviewer discusses a Review on Tyler The Creator's where the reviewer talks more about Tyler and attacks him personally rather than talk about his new album and gives

The guy in the video in the OP is such scum, and has done some of the things he's mentioned in the past anyway.  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.