BreatheeOnKnee

Most irrelevant successful artist?

15 hours ago, Vertigo-go said:

You all weird! Obviously, Celine Dion. Sells literally trillions, yet everyone only knows THAT song, which propelled her to the world fame after years of irrelevancy. Boring af yet highly sellable. I'm yet to meet a single fan though, so who's buying her??

Because You Loved Me and Think Twice though...

I mean yeah I agree overall but those two singles got her name out in the first place. MHWGO was the one that propelled her to Superstardom but she never really managed to continue the same level of success because she doesn't have any memorable hits. I think one or two singles from A New Day Has Come managed to be somewhat successful (at least here in Germany) but not comparable to her 3 90s hits.

This further proves that without any memorable hit singles you won't be able to have much longevity. Would you expect to hear fucking One Sweet Day (the record-breaking #1 single by Fatriah Cholestorol) anywhere these days? Or what about Janet? She released like 10 singles from each album and while she definitely has her fair share of remembered hit songs, they didn't seem to have that much impact in the long run.

23 minutes ago, Melt Away said:

You definitely think about her a lot for an "irrelevant" artist!

I mean...Madonna has been on everyone's mind here for quite a long time. Especially, when they want to prove that she was less successful/relevant than their fave for 3 or 4 years in the 90s before obliterating them again at the end of the decade and the following one. tehe1 

Pitbull comes to mind. I think he's massive in Latin America but the rest of the world, eh, not really. When he does get covered it's usually because of the artist he's collaborating with and not himself. He only has like two solo Top 10 hits and they're both from 2009.

12 minutes ago, Snow said:

Pitbull comes to mind. I think he's massive in Latin America but the rest of the world, eh, not really. When he does get covered it's usually because of the artist he's collaborating with and not himself. He only has like two solo Top 10 hits and they're both from 2009.

Bullshit. Pitbull was also massive here in Europe.

11 minutes ago, Grimhilde said:

Bullshit. Pitbull was also massive here in Europe.

His highest charting album missed Top 10 in the UK and his solo Top 10 hit count also stands at exactly 2 there. Most likely even less everywhere else.
But what do I know.

7 hours ago, Grimhilde said:

I mean...Madonna has been on everyone's mind here for quite a long time. Especially, when they want to prove that she was less successful/relevant than their fave for 3 or 4 years in the 90s before obliterating them again at the end of the decade and the following one. tehe1 

Who are you even trying to call out with this? Where has this happened? Have I done this? Are you confusing things? Is old age finally taking its tolls? oprah3 

Because You Loved Me and Think Twice though...

I mean yeah I agree overall but those two singles got her name out in the first place. MHWGO was the one that propelled her to Superstardom but she never really managed to continue the same level of success because she doesn't have any memorable hits. I think one or two singles from A New Day Has Come managed to be somewhat successful (at least here in Germany) but not comparable to her 3 90s hits.

This further proves that without any memorable hit singles you won't be able to have much longevity. Would you expect to hear fucking One Sweet Day (the record-breaking #1 single by Fatriah Cholestorol) anywhere these days? Or what about Janet? She released like 10 singles from each album and while she definitely has her fair share of remembered hit songs, they didn't seem to have that much impact in the long run.

In the US and Asia, yes, you actually hear One Sweet Day, and the rest of her hits. I hear quite a few Janet songs on the radio in the US. We get it, they're not big in Europe, but guess what, Europe isn't the world henny!

22 hours ago, Vertigo-go said:

You all weird! Obviously, Celine Dion. Sells literally trillions, yet everyone only knows THAT song, which propelled her to the world fame after years of irrelevancy. Boring af yet highly sellable. I'm yet to meet a single fan though, so who's buying her??

Uh i am a highly devout celine stan and i know where i live so

Pink is he right choice. She isnt irrelevant, but doesnt appear in the social media as a often or in pop culture topics as often as Britney or beyonce. Hoever, she has managed to remain amazingly successful, her last solo hit peaked at No.10 and became her 15th top ten so

23 hours ago, Vertigo-go said:

this this this this this

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You all weird! Obviously, Celine Dion. Sells literally trillions, yet everyone only knows THAT song, which propelled her to the world fame after years of irrelevancy. Boring af yet highly sellable. I'

But every time P!nk comes up, people loooooove her. I don't think she's irrelevant. I know plenty of people DYING to see her live  

Mariah Carey, comes to mind.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.