Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Royale

'Daydream' Listed As One Of The Greatest Albums Made By A Woman!

24 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I can't believe ...Baby One More Time is above Daydream on this list... BOMT has like 3 songs worthy of anyone's time laughcry1 Daydream isn't Mariah's best album, but it's extremely close. It deserves to be on this list, but waaaay higher (and much higher than the likes of BOMT)

Also, ya'll are silly. I think Daydream has a very cohesive sound laughcry1 I mean, it's not a concept album or anything, and it doesn't tell a story, but I think all of the songs can compliment each other, and it doesn't just sound like a miss-match of tracks smashed together. I would say that has a lot to do with Mariah and Walter's production (and it was probably on Mariah's part that her collabs with Jermaine and Dave Hall were able to fit well in the album) I would even go so far to say that the tone of the album is more cohesive than Butterfly (although, Butterfly has superior music in general)

Why'd you call others 'silly' because they don't share your opinion rip4

1 hour ago, Royale said:

Why'd you call others 'silly' because they don't share your opinion rip4

Because I think their opinions are silly? They can have them, I just think they don't make much sense. Like, to me, Daydream, for the most part, has a very cohesive sound, so I think it's odd that others don't hear it the same way. And I used the word "silly" cause it's really not that big of a deal. 

19 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Because I think their opinions are silly? They can have them, I just think they don't make much sense. Like, to me, Daydream, for the most part, has a very cohesive sound, so I think it's odd that others don't hear it the same way. And I used the word "silly" cause it's really not that big of a deal. 

Yes let's fight, controversy is always the best way to gather some posts sia1 

But I can see why you'd say that in a way. Personally when I say "Daydream isn't a cohesive body of work" I mean that the album doesn't really tell a story. However, I agree with you when you say that it has a cohesive sound.

1 hour ago, Royale said:

Yes let's fight, controversy is always the best way to gather some posts sia1 

But I can see why you'd say that in a way. Personally when I say "Daydream isn't a cohesive body of work" I mean that the album doesn't really tell a story. However, I agree with you when you say that it has a cohesive sound.

I see your plan wendy1

True. I mean, most pop albums don't have a cohesive story – most of Mariah's certainly don't. Even Butterfly doesn't really have a cohesive story (although a lot have the same lyrical tone, which we can attribute to her very public personal life at the time, so of course we can gather a story from that). 

Honestly, the only song I would say that doesn't contribute to the sound of Daydream is Long Ago. It shouldn't have been on the album anyway creep1 But other than that, I can find pretty pleasing lyrical and sonic themes throughout the album. 

9 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I see your plan wendy1

True. I mean, most pop albums don't have a cohesive story – most of Mariah's certainly don't. Even Butterfly doesn't really have a cohesive story (although a lot have the same lyrical tone, which we can attribute to her very public personal life at the time, so of course we can gather a story from that). 

Honestly, the only song I would say that doesn't contribute to the sound of Daydream is Long Ago. It shouldn't have been on the album anyway creep1 But other than that, I can find pretty pleasing lyrical and sonic themes throughout the album. 

Exactly! That's what I meant but I didn't phrase it this way, that's why I said that Memoirs is her most "cohesive" body of work, because it tells a story whereas the other albums don't. But Daydream and Butterfly definetly do have a cohesive sound through the whole records.

Oh that's Tea, don't worry, we all hate Long Ago in this section wendy1

1 hour ago, Royale said:

Exactly! That's what I meant but I I didn't phrase it this way, that's why I said that Memoirs is her most "cohesive" body of work, because it tells a story whereas the other albums doesn't. But Daydream and Butterfly definetly do have a cohesive sound through the whole records.

Oh that's Tea, don't worry, we all hate Long Ago in this section wendy1

Oh definitely. That I can understand. Memoirs has more of a story/concept throughout. Or, from what I've heard of/about it creep1

I'm glad it's a shared opinion moo5 Accepted as fact.

Daydream is her best album and ya'll can stay PRESSED

1) It's the perfect mix of pop, AC ballads, and r&b

2) Fantasy is one of the best lead singles in pop music

3) The remix to Fantasy was the first big pop single to use the rent a rapper feature all of our faves have adopted

4) Longest running #1 in Hot 100 history

5) Always Be My Baby

6) No filler

On 7/24/2017 at 2:25 PM, Royale said:

MIAM, Memoirs, Charmy? Now sis... oprah12

Looking In alone is better than anything on those albums.

Take it back! Memoirs is amazing. Looking In destroys the other two, though.

1 minute ago, Mason said:

Take it back! Memoirs is amazing. Looking In destroys the other two, though.

I say this as a Memoirs stan, which is 2nd most listened to Mariah album ever, but Daydream is objectively better tbh um2 

2 minutes ago, Royale said:

I say this as a Memoirs stan, which is 2nd most listened to Mariah album ever, but Daydream is objectively better tbh um2 

Idk. It's hard for me to choose because I love Memoirs so much. Daydream really is a masterpiece, though.....Ughh I can't decide.

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 3:28 PM, Vilppu said:

My problem with Daydream is that it feels more like a collection of songs which might be good (with expections) but don't feel like they have a strong connection with one another?

The three I mentioned feel more like albums, they're more consistent and cohesive, and I just like their overall sound more personally.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. Aside from Melt Away, When I Saw You, Long Ago, and OSD, I just don't feel strongly connected to the Daydream album as a whole. I can't identified with the overall lighthearted feel to it. 

I actually feel more connected to her other albums such as her debut, Emotions, Music Box, Butterfly, Rainbow, and Charmbracelet because I was going through a tough time in my life and listening to  those albums had  really uplifted and inspired me more.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.