Tasso

Justin Bieber cancels remaining Purpose World Tour dates

Variety Magazine:

After 154 shows, Justin Bieber is bowing out of the remaining 15 dates of his “Purpose” world tour, Variety has confirmed. According to a source, the pop star made the call on his own after much consideration. “It wasn’t a decision made overnight,” says an insider. “He’s had some time off and was able to consider his commitments.” To cancel the remainder of the tour, which was headed to Asia in addition to more U.S. dates, was doable seeing as some tickets went on sale as recently as one week ago, so refunds will be available quickly.

Bieber’s called off dates follow a similar move by Adele, who canceled the last two shows of her world tour scheduled for London’s Wembley Arena, where 100,000 fans were expected nightly. “On medical advice I simply am unable to perform over the weekend,” she wrote in a post on Facebook. “To say I’m heart broken would be a complete understatement.”

Bieber has not yet commented on social media and reps for the singer were also unavailable for comment.

Through the first half of 2017, Bieber’s tour grossed $93.2 million with average per date ticket sales of 38,297, according to concert industry trade Pollstar. Bieber will likely face penalties for the U.S. dates, which are typically not insured against cancelation without a medical reason or a “Force Majeure,” which is defined as an unforeseeable circumstance that prevents someone from fulfilling a contract — like a war or political instability that could put an artist in danger.

A source confirms TMZ’s earlier story that Bieber was “just over it.”

I'd feel sorry for his fans, but on the other hand, he's doing them a favour! I went to see him last month, and he was genuinely SO bored. He even checked his phone a few times during performances which kinda annoyed me. It didn't help that Halsey was a much more energetic and lively opener laughcry1 It sucks because he unnervingly has EXTREMELY dedicated fans, and they carried the show in my opinion laughcry1 

I wish him the best on his time off, obviously he needs to recover & seriously consider what he's doing with his career at this point! 

@Simon

The 23-year-old pop star told TMZ that everything is fine, he's just been on tour for the past two years and now he's looking forward to "just resting and getting some relaxation." 

"We're gonna ride some bikes," he added with a smile. 

What a rat. 

44 minutes ago, Infrared said:

@Simon

The 23-year-old pop star told TMZ that everything is fine, he's just been on tour for the past two years and now he's looking forward to "just resting and getting some relaxation." 

"We're gonna ride some bikes," he added with a smile. 

What a rat. 

oh justin wendy4 

the tour was longer than most, unless you're counting the warrior tour, (it was justified for kesha not being able to release though). 

someone told me he was on a break before this from the tour so maybe that's why it was really long? feel bad for the stans who bought tickets for the canceled shows aura1

Why are y'all acting as if this was the first time a singer cancels tour dates? wendy4

This fucking tour was already over a year and a half, let him be wendy4 

It really amazes me to see that y'all always want to find the tiniest thing to hate on Justin. I'm not even a fan but y'all really acting as he is the first artist cancelling tour dates wendy4 

If there were a legitimate reason for him canceling we would know it.

There isn't so he's confirmed as trash. Again.

And not surprised by the reports that he's boring and disinterested live. Ungrateful little twat.

I can't remember the last time a young performer wasted so much public goodwill, over and over again, even after he had to fight to get it back. Still wasn't enough to keep him from being the douche. Again.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

5 hours ago, Kuba said:

I'd feel sorry for his fans, but on the other hand, he's doing them a favour! I went to see him last month, and he was genuinely SO bored. He even checked his phone a few times during performances which kinda annoyed me. It didn't help that Halsey was a much more energetic and lively opener laughcry1 It sucks because he unnervingly has EXTREMELY dedicated fans, and they carried the show in my opinion laughcry1 

I wish him the best on his time off, obviously he needs to recover & seriously consider what he's doing with his career at this point! 

Yes this is true, I got as a christmas present tickets to see him with my sisters when he came here and he seemed really bored. I can't blame him, doing the same thing for over a year and a half must be really tiring but overall it was a good show. I almost stanned him wendy4 

People who are justifying him cancelling a tour because he was over it and coming up with excuses are reasons why this piece of shit still exists in mainstream.

Let this be anyone else and this would not be okay

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app