Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

Tragic / Lifeless album booklets

11 hours ago, Dr. Slay said:

For starts, adding the rest of the album's lyrics instead of just the "LOVE" lyrics rip3

She did this for real? orly1 What a troll  orly1

16 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

The Joanne booklet is kind of stupid but I wouldn't call it lifeless. One of the problems is it has TOO MUCH going on.

SZA's CTRL booklet with the drawings is really cool but I wish we had more pics from the album photoshootahs1

Joanne booklet is her best one jj4 

4 hours ago, Grimhilde said:

How could we forget this one:

DEFJKWYCD.jpeg?v=1466435504

Yeezus by Kanye West

I'm aware this was intended by Kanye to be edgy and make a "statement", but it just came off as tacky and lazy more than anything. Though he spared us another atrociously photographed or drawn cover so it's ight ig

On 7/25/2017 at 5:40 PM, Americunt said:

Most booklets are garbage now, since physical sales have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Tea. Except a lot of indie artists put some good artwork into their albums. Usually they use much nicer paper, too. I guess because most pop/high-selling artists and bands get their business through digital sales and streaming, they don't bother with the booklets anymore. I don't even think they do digital booklets anymore either, which is a shame.

Kinda random, but the A Day Without Rain (by Enya) album booklet could have been much much more interesting. It's sort of a minimalistic approach, but the text and images are so damn tiny.

Also, Florence's albums are usually nice-ish to look at, but she never puts her lyrics on, for some damn reason. How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful (or w/e) wasn't that good of a booklet. The images were oddly cropped 

36 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Kinda random, but the A Day Without Rain (by Enya) album booklet could have been much much more interesting. It's sort of a minimalistic approach, but the text and images are so damn tiny.

Also random and OT but the booklet for Paint the Sky with Stars is among the best album inserts I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Satori said:

Also random and OT but the booklet for Paint the Sky with Stars is among the best album inserts I've ever seen.

If you think Paint the Sky With Stars is amazing, you need to look at the boxset released around the same time: Box of Dreamscry6 It's gorgeous

5 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

If you think Paint the Sky With Stars is amazing, you need to look at the boxset released around the same time: Box of Dreamscry6 It's gorgeous

I'm looking at it on my bookshelf rn.  That calligraphy tho antm1.  I stanned Enya for like 10 years as a kid before having enough money to indulgently buy it, the Only Time box set, and both editions of The Very Best of to complete my collection.

To keep things on topic, though, the Watermark booklet is weak, even though it has the words--which are too small.  The tiny pictures are annoying too.  Same problem as ADWR now I think about it...

1 hour ago, Satori said:

I'm looking at it on my bookshelf rn.  That calligraphy tho antm1.  I stanned Enya for like 10 years as a kid before having enough money to indulgently buy it, the Only Time box set, and both editions of The Very Best of to complete my collection.

To keep things on topic, though, the Watermark booklet is weak, even though it has the words--which are too small.  The tiny pictures are annoying too.  Same problem as ADWR now I think about it...

YES. STAN cry6 I have the Only Time Collection too, and I love the gorgeous photography + all of the lyrics & liner notes inside. That's how you do it, folks. Enya was the first artist I ever stanned for.

The calligraphy for Watermark is beautiful, but it is too small and oftentimes hard to read. I don't mind the booklet being in b&w, but the images are too small. I love the photoshoot of her on the beach with that weird hat (the Orinoco Flow single cover) and want to see more of it. Most of the time Enya's booklets have too few photos, imo. But, they are usually classy and without too much excess or flare.

2 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

YES. STAN cry6 I have the Only Time Collection too, and I love the gorgeous photography + all of the lyrics & liner notes inside. That's how you do it, folks. Enya was the first artist I ever stanned for.

Bout the same for me--more than half my life.  Sometimes there's literally nothing better than her music on headphones.  Just about ever song on Paint the Sky with Stars has helped me at one point or another in my life.

And I agree--the OT collection is beautifully put together--I prefer the song selection/running order of the Box of Dreams set, but the OT one has more goodies.

On 7/25/2017 at 5:40 PM, RebelHeart15 said:

God damn this the ugliest booklet I've ever seen. Let's list the fuck ups here shall we?

1. The background overlays are fucking stupid

2. She changed titles and moods so many times the wrestler thing quit working

3. The wrestler thing probably didn't work with the original concept

4. The wrestler thing would have probably never worked

5. The wrestler thing

6. Her hair looks awful

7. Her make up guy should be shot

8. She looks beyond uncomfortable

9. Those fucking earrings are a disaster

10. The brass knuckles are just pointless, you can;t even see them

11. The photoshop made her body look like Gumby_f79b059d-2d23-4059-8ae9-7203b2017a

12. She okayed this

13. She really okayed this

14. She actually, 100% okayed this

15. Almost 10 years later the wrestler thing still doesn't work

16. She. Okayed. This. 

For those of 'yall who think Madge stans will defend her all day, seriously you get us talking about her artwork and booklets and we will light shit up. We love her but damn she made some nasty choices with HC

Wow lol I kinda like it tbh

On 27 July 2017 at 3:56 AM, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Also, Florence's albums are usually nice-ish to look at, but she never puts her lyrics on, for some damn reason. How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful (or w/e) wasn't that good of a booklet. The images were oddly cropped 

Of all artists, Florence really needs to serve lyrics in ha booklet so we can decipher her caterwauls fall2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.