Jony

Trump to ban trans people from the military

donaldtrumpflag_2.jpg?itok=vPy3RZ0s

President Trump on Wednesday said he would ban transgender people from any military service.

Trump made the announcement, which would represent a major shift in military policy, on Twitter. He said he had made the decision after consulting with "my generals and military experts."

"After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow...Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military," Trump tweeted.

"Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming...victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you"

The Hill

I just saw this and I am literally dragging for filth the trash on Facebook. Some people were making fun of transgender people for their activism and we find this out today. So sick and tired of this BS. WELCOME TO THE NEW AMERIKKKA

Posted from my SM-G550T1 using the FOTP app

There are over 15,000 ACTIVE SERVING transgender troops in the military. The fact that he just completely undermined their service and called them a burden to the force is so fucking low. This ban is backwards and foolish and I fucking hate him. 

An interesting strategy to distract from other matters, at least. The perfect story, the perfect target, the perfect outrage jj3

The problem with quashing the rights of others just to distract from your own failures is that you set precedent for it for the future.

Dangerous times we're living in.