Jony

Kylie Jenner sued for copyright infringement

Kylie Jenner’s legal team is having no trouble keeping busy. On Tuesday TMZ reported the 19-year-old reality TV star is facing another lawsuit for allegedly ripping off a British artist’s work.

Sara Pope claims Kylie copied one her most well-known pieces called Temptation Neon, which is a painting of white teeth biting a glossy set of lips. The contemporary artists said the image is very similar to a graphic used on the promo for Kylie’s upcoming E! series, Life of Kylie.

Pope is suing Kylie and NBC Universal for an undisclosed amount. You can check out a side-by-side comparison of the images (Temptation Neon, left) below.

kylie-jenner-sued-sara-pope

Sara Pope vs. Kylie Jenner

The news comes only weeks after photographer Michael Miller filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against Kylie and her older sister Kendall Jenner. Miller accused the siblings of misappropriating and exploiting his copyrighted 2Pac photos and using them on their ill-conceived vintage tees without permission. Kylie and Kendall have since called the lawsuit “baseless.”

Earlier this year, Kylie avoided another copyright infringement lawsuit by Vlada Haggerty, an artist who blasted the teen for biting her signature makeup style and using it on the Kylie Cosmetics campaigns.

Complex

2 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

Not that original on Pope's part, really.

RockyHorrorPictureShow_Wallpaper01_1920x

victor_victoria_xlg.jpg

jennifers-body-vs-true-blood-choose-your

I was gonna say the exact opposite actually, I think that the shape and neon lights surrounding the lips are uncanny, but it isn't IMPOSSIBLE for this to be a coincidence, a mouth isn't that complex

4 minutes ago, barbiej33p said:

I was gonna say the exact opposite actually, I think that the shape and neon lights surrounding the lips are uncanny, but it isn't IMPOSSIBLE for this to be a coincidence, a mouth isn't that complex

Yeah, that's true. I could go either way on the neon, but a set of disembodied lips (biting the lower lip or not) is not at all new in pop art.

Using a lips motif isn't that original but given their past and how closely these two look alike down to the composition they probably stole.

I mean she's only 19 and literally has very little input in her own brand, they show her "edgy/cool" shit and she says sure.

There are receipts (actual receipts) online from a NY designer that sold clothes to Kylie's assistant, for Kylie, and she wore them in public, then released unbelievably simillar clothes inher collection trash1 And other independant designers also experienced that. The woman is a rat, just like the rest of their self-promoting, opportunistic, fame-hungry family trash1

I hate the Kardashicunts as much as the next person but was ready to dismiss this---however, this has the hallmarks of an ignorant plagiarist in that it is so carelessly similar that visually it appears impossible to have not been intentional.  The lips are very similarly shaped (add some sheep placenta to the original and you get Kylie's), the lower lip is being bitten in the same spot, surrounded by neon light that's about the same distance from the lips themselves, and the "leakage" from the gloss below the lips is strikingly similar.  Too many details matching.  The only thing that's unique to Kylie's is the vile color (big surprise) and the fact that the light reflection is overdone and looks gross, just like her face. :)