Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

RepuTAYtion

Hits Daily Double Expects New Taylor Album

Mentioned in Point 2 giveup1  Industry is expecting her soon yas2  Hope you're ready! kylie2

1. Only 13 albums on the latest chart sold over 10k actual ALBUM configurations. Two of these—Lana Del Rey and Tyler, the Creator—sold over 40k, and probably only for this, their debut week. Yet, even in this sleepy midsummer week, every Top-20 title scored above 20k SPS. Hence, in the immortal words of John Prine, all I can think is: “Pretty Good, Not Bad, I Can’t Complain.” A few years ago, as we watched sales numbers drop precipitously, we feared piracy would forever cripple our great business. Now, with the streaming boom, things are pretty darn good.

2. Near the end of this quarter and heading into the end of the year, we’ll be seeing new music from an array of superstar artists, taking the already expanding music frenzy to new heights. EminemTaylor SwiftSam SmithP!nkMiley CyrusChris StapletonLuke Bryan and maybe even Justin Timberlake are among those expected to lead the onslaught. Meanwhile, there is now a consumer base that’s comfortable with new modes of consuming—and willing to pay a fair price. We would expect a new spike 
in subscriptions around the holidays.

19 minutes ago, Liz Lemon said:

I'm ready but I'm also not. I have the distinct feeling that Taylor is going to come back and absolutely shit on everyone else. Poor my other faves.

Same, I'm so curious what her follow up will be, and I hope it is absolutely massive (unless its more of IDWLF, then she can keep it and flop) kylie2

10 hours ago, RandomosiTAY said:

Same, I'm so curious what her follow up will be, and I hope it is absolutely massive (unless its more of IDWLF, then she can keep it and flop) kylie2

Her soundtrack singles have never been indicative of upcoming releases bar Sweeter Than Fiction sharing a same kind of sickeningly sweet atmosphere as Stay Stay Stay (even that's kind of a one off track on Red, I love it though). So I think we're good on that front. kylie2 

8 hours ago, Juinae said:

Her soundtrack singles have never been indicative of upcoming releases bar Sweeter Than Fiction sharing a same kind of sickeningly sweet atmosphere as Stay Stay Stay (even that's kind of a one off track on Red, I love it though). So I think we're good on that front. kylie2 

I hope so.  Ha best soundtrack single!  I remember being so excited by it because I knew it meant she was going full on pop/80's with her next album.  I low-key bop to Stay Stay Stay sometimes too kylie2 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.