Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

QUINN

Sia Signs to Atlantic Records, Announces Christmas Album

Sia-press-photo-cr-Mary-Ellen-Matthews-2

Sia officially has a new home. The superstar singer (and songwriter to her fellow stars) has made the leap from RCA to Atlantic Records. Her first release under the recently signed worldwide deal will be a collection of original holiday songs written by Sia and producer Greg Kurstin, due later this year via Monkey Puzzle/Atlantic Records, according to a release announcing the deal Tuesday (Aug. 1).

“Sia is a once-in-a-generation artist. Her extraordinary gifts as a singer and songwriter, her revolutionary approach to the art of performing, her groundbreaking videos – everything she does comes from a deep wellspring of inspiration and imagination,” said Atlantic Records Chairman/CEO Craig Kallman and Atlantic Records Chairman/COO Julie Greenwald in a statement. “Sia is that rare artist who has formed her own singular, boundless musical universe. We are so happy to welcome her into the Atlantic family and to be joining Sia on her amazing musical journey.”

Billboard

19 hours ago, QUINN said:

Sia officially has a new home. The superstar singer (and songwriter to her fellow stars) has made the leap from RCA to Atlantic Records. Her first release under the recently signed worldwide deal will be a collection of original holiday songs written by Sia and producer Greg Kurstin

Damnit man, keep him away jj4 

Also, I like Sia, but I don't wanna hear her sing holiday songs. It's... not a good fit, I presume.

14 hours ago, Rosé said:

Greg has great work though nicki1

He used to be really interesting when he worked with Lily Allen and Foster the People, but he started making pretty mediocre work for Kelly Clarkson, Ellie Goulding, and Pink. 

2 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

He used to be really interesting when he worked with Lily Allen and Foster the People, but he started making pretty mediocre work for Kelly Clarkson, Ellie Goulding, and Pink. 

Queen cry6

He also produced Kesha's Deconstructed (2012) which has universally good reviews kesha4

1 hour ago, Rosé said:

Queen cry6

He also produced Kesha's Deconstructed (2012) which has universally good reviews kesha4

That's neat. I still think he's made some pretty boring, mediocre music for artists who had some stellar work before they decided to work with him. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.