General News Disney to pull movies from Netflix, start its own streaming service

53 posts in this topic

c6513ab9-1cac-4a97-bd4a-b475b5aef4ea.jpg?w=740&h=437&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70

The company announced during its latest earnings report on Tuesday it intends to pull all its movies from Netflix. 

Instead, Disney plans to launch a branded direct-to-consumer streaming service in 2019 starting in the U.S. and expanding globally. 

CEO Bob Iger told CNBC's Julia Boorstin Disney had a "good relationship" with Netflix, but decided to exercise an option to move its content off the platform. Movies to be removed include Marvel as well as Disney titles. It will also be making a "significant investment" in exclusive movies and television series for the new platform. 

CNBC

Put everything Disney has ever done on there and I'm here for it! I need all the shows, I need all the princess movies, I need all the princess movie sequels. Make it happen!

2 minutes ago, TattooedHeart said:

lemme guess, it's gonna be hulu priced instead of netflix jj4

It's Disney; they could make it $50 a month and people would still pay for it.

Just now, Hylia said:

Put everything Disney has ever done on there and I'm here for it! I need all the shows, I need all the princess movies, I need all the princess movie sequels. Make it happen!

this 

1 minute ago, Hylia said:

I worry they'll do the stupid vault thing they do with the DVDs, but I guess we'll see

Just now, TattooedHeart said:

I worry they'll do the stupid vault thing they do with the DVDs, but I guess we'll see

I forgot about that jj4 I just want The Little Mermaid II and Cinderella III, they can keep the rest if that's the case

Just now, Hylia said:

I forgot about that jj4 I just want The Little Mermaid II and Cinderella III, they can keep the rest if that's the case

I'd be 100% here for it if it had every Marvel and classic animated movie tbh!

8 minutes ago, TattooedHeart said:

omg wait if it has Studio Ghibli, @Kali and I will be able to have movie nights every night cry6 

Yaaaaaaas so ready cry7

29 minutes ago, TattooedHeart said:

omg wait if it has Studio Ghibli, @Kali and I will be able to have movie nights every night cry6 

ahem ahem Kali and I and SYLK tina1 

Bitches um2

though it brings so many opportunities but wat3

if they don't have studio ghibli im suing btw

On a Dutch news website I heard it'll cost $4,99  a month. That sounds too good to be true. Hope it gets global then soon! Because I don't even have Netflix anymore. lol1 So, bring it on!

Why doesn't Disney just BUY Netflix - it just would be so much easier gaga12

Didn't they strike a deal to put their catalog on Netflix?  I don't know how I feel about this.. hopefully DCOM movies go there, too!

If they put mostly everything they done such as movies and even shows im here for it