Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jony

Disney to pull movies from Netflix, start its own streaming service

c6513ab9-1cac-4a97-bd4a-b475b5aef4ea.jpg?w=740&h=437&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70

The company announced during its latest earnings report on Tuesday it intends to pull all its movies from Netflix. 

Instead, Disney plans to launch a branded direct-to-consumer streaming service in 2019 starting in the U.S. and expanding globally. 

CEO Bob Iger told CNBC's Julia Boorstin Disney had a "good relationship" with Netflix, but decided to exercise an option to move its content off the platform. Movies to be removed include Marvel as well as Disney titles. It will also be making a "significant investment" in exclusive movies and television series for the new platform. 

CNBC

Put everything Disney has ever done on there and I'm here for it! I need all the shows, I need all the princess movies, I need all the princess movie sequels. Make it happen!

Just now, Hylia said:

Put everything Disney has ever done on there and I'm here for it! I need all the shows, I need all the princess movies, I need all the princess movie sequels. Make it happen!

this 

1 minute ago, Hylia said:

I worry they'll do the stupid vault thing they do with the DVDs, but I guess we'll see

Just now, TattooedHeart said:

I worry they'll do the stupid vault thing they do with the DVDs, but I guess we'll see

I forgot about that jj4 I just want The Little Mermaid II and Cinderella III, they can keep the rest if that's the case

29 minutes ago, TattooedHeart said:

omg wait if it has Studio Ghibli, @Kali and I will be able to have movie nights every night cry6 

ahem ahem Kali and I and SYLK tina1 

On a Dutch news website I heard it'll cost $4,99  a month. That sounds too good to be true. Hope it gets global then soon! Because I don't even have Netflix anymore. lol1 So, bring it on!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.