Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Americunt

My Rainbow First Impressions

8 hours ago, Americunt said:

Learn to Let Go

A bit of a different groove to get into with this one! It's not objectionable. I think the chorus is very tightly constructed. There's something that's reminding me of another Kesha song, but I can't figure out which song it is that's nagging at me. My expectations were not that high for this song, but I'm liking it. The bridge is...expected, but still fine! This has the most in-your-face pop production on any of the songs so far, I guess.

Could it be Last Goodbye?

Learn to Let Go

A bit of a different groove to get into with this one! It's not objectionable. I think the chorus is very tightly constructed. There's something that's reminding me of another Kesha song, but I can't figure out which song it is that's nagging at me. My expectations were not that high for this song, but I'm liking it. The bridge is...expected, but still fine! This has the most in-your-face pop production on any of the songs so far, I guess.

Probably Last Goodbye. It is in the same folky realm IMO. Just way more pop.

Old Flames Can't Hold a Candle To You

Dolly's vocals are not well mixed. The balance is all over the place. It's like the mixer couldn't decide whether they wanted this to be a duet or Dolly on background vocals during the parts they're both singing. This is basically produced like a modern country song, though. It's the same realm as the arena-country I vehemently dislike. I also just find the fact that she included it when it was already on Deconstructed (albeit not as a duet and with different backing) a bit annoying, since room could've been made for a better song.

I agree! This was probably the most underwhelming track on the whole album. I wish she did a Bob Dylan cover of I Shall Be Released or It Ain't Me Babe. Those two were gorgeous live.

Also I was wondering if you think the pop rock tracks come across as 2000s-ish? Those tracks remind me of stuff from Avril Lavigne's third album, but with way more quirk and personality.

5 hours ago, Rosé said:

Also I was wondering if you think the pop rock tracks come across as 2000s-ish? Those tracks remind me of stuff from Avril Lavigne's third album, but with way more quirk and personality.

I was thinking the very same thing, I loved that album (a lot of Luke tho dead7) and I think her voice and personality fit so good

59 minutes ago, calethewhalee said:

So right now I definitely like warrior better as an album overall, but I love almost every song on this album. And I'm in love with Old Flames cry0 

Same. I like all the songs individually. The track list is bad though and the energy drops too much. Bastards, Rainbow, Finding You, Spaceship and Godzilla blend together. Both "feat. EODM" tracks have this problem too. Godzilla's lyrics make it stand out from the slower bunch slightly though. 

Warrior is also more sonically varied and experimental. It genre blends, where's Rainbow doesn't at all. The slower tracks on Warrior hit harder too. One, because there's less of them. Two, because the instrumentation changes a lot and it's more intense and loud per track. Although the fact that the Warrior tracks lack natural instruments means that this can only be expected.

In Rainbow's defence, it does have a lot more quirk and less artificiality to it overall. Praying is the best Kesha track to be released or leaked. The album art and visuals this current era are also superior to Warrior.

If you listen to pop music and only pop (not saying you do but a lot of her fans though), then this album isn't for you. For me I have always been infactuated with artists like Bon Iver, Edward Sharpe and Of Monsters and Men. This album is everything to me... and folk/country is not my favourite genre of music, by far. She fucking killed it. 

On August 10, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Chris Morlock said:

the tracklist definitely shouldve been redone 

I think Bastards was a perfect opener and Spaceships was the best closer. The middle could've used some work though, but I don't think it's horrible. 

On August 10, 2017 at 4:26 AM, CroNich said:

If you listen to pop music and only pop (not saying you do but a lot of her fans though), then this album isn't for you. For me I have always been infactuated with artists like Bon Iver, Edward Sharpe and Of Monsters and Men. This album is everything to me... and folk/country is not my favourite genre of music, by far. She fucking killed it. 

I only really listen to pop and I still loved almost every song on this album. Very raw and emotional. The only one I would be skipping is the one with Dolly, it's just not for me.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

I think Bastards was a perfect opener and Spaceships was the best closer. The middle could've used some work though, but I don't think it's horrible. 

Bastards does not work as an opener lmao jj3 with praying, woman, or boogie feet (would've said boots but nah) would work better

7 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

Bastards does not work as an opener lmao jj3 with praying, woman, or boogie feet (would've said boots but nah) would work better

I personally think it works great, it encompasses the whole message of the album. Intro songs don't have to be the most "pop" oriented, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I personally think it works great, it encompasses the whole message of the album. Intro songs don't have to be the most "pop" oriented, in my opinion.

its not that its too slow to open an album, it just doesnt fit imo.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.