Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

More experimental : Madonna vs Gaga

8 minutes ago, Infrared said:

@Bionic Monster really does push your buttons. i'm SCREAMING lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2 

Actually this was inspired by @Freaky Prince 's thread bey5 If you guys think that Born This Way / Joanne are experimental and "not even Pop" then what do you think of Madonna's x10 more progressive and experimental projects? chi1 Let me guess, "boring" ? Says a lot.

Gaga, she garnered comparisons to Madonna with just her debut. Madinna only experimentation was pushing the boundaries of sexuality, and she continues to try and do that for some reason. I think Gaga's image is much more artistic and experimental.

6 minutes ago, Courtney Love said:

Gaga's only really at her LAP with Joanne - not in terms of qaulity or artistic staement but in musical reinvention. Madonna's firt three records are releatively similar the same way Gaga's first four are.

5 albums and 9 years into their careers, both LAP and Erotica should be counted.

Even Madonna's Jazz / Swing record was far more inventive than Gaga's work bey2

5 minutes ago, Winniedeng. said:

Gaga, she garnered comparisons to Madonna with just her debut. Madinna only experimentation was pushing the boundaries of sexuality, and she continues to try and do that for some reason. I think Gaga's image is much more artistic and experimental.

Trolling has a limit, wiener

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

5 albums and 9 years into their careers, both LAP and Erotica should be counted.

Even Madonna's Jazz / Swing record was far more inventive than Gaga's originals bey2

I'm not doubting Madonna's the better artist, but I get the feeling she had a lot more freedom with to do what she wanted with LAP/Erotica than Gaga did wih ARTPOP. Joanne is a pretty boring/safe record, but I'd be interested to see what Gaga follows this up with now she is branching out.

1 minute ago, Courtney Love said:

I'm not doubting Madonna's the better artist, but I get the feeling she had a lot more freedom with to do what she wanted with LAP/Erotica than Gaga did wih ARTPOP. Joanne is a pretty boring/safe record, but I'd be interested to see what Gaga follows this up with now she is branching out.

Didn't Madonna release Erotica under her own label? Gaga could also pull a Dead Petz, if she wanted. Considering she constantly rants about pushing Pop music into a new direction I would have expected her to do something similar already, but sad thing is she thinks she's doing that with records like Joanne

Just now, Jjang said:

Didn't Madonna release Erotica under her own label? Gaga could also pull a Dead Petz, if she wanted. Considering she constantly rants about pushing Pop music into a new direction I would have expected her to do something similar already, but sad thing is she thinks she's doing that with records like Joanne

Well yes, that's true. Unfortunately Gaga's delusion is what has been keeping her from reaching something like TFM again.

Madonna has been a LOT more experimental than Gaga, but it's easy to think the opposite because looking at Madonna's experimental work today may seem dated - because a lot of the buttons she pushed became mainstream due to her influence.

Erotica was somewhat experimental, Bedtime Story/Sanctuary are some of her most experimental work, then there's American Life, Ray of Light and Confessions. Varying in levels of experimentalness, but each widely different from the pop landscape when released.

In saying all this is fucking dumb to compare a 9 year career to a 30 year career. Give Gaga another decade, at least, and we'll see. But Madge is TOUGH competition.

Let's Get Unconcious Hunny!

1 minute ago, Courtney Love said:

Well yes, that's true. Unfortunately Gaga's delusion is what has been keeping her from reaching something like TFM again.

Plus, I think she's scared of truly experimenting or rather scared of releasing those records - proven by her Keynote interview in 2014. chi1 Didn't she insist to insert "TFM hooks" into Joanne according to her producer? Meanwhile Madonna fired producers who tried to create a Vogue 2.0. That's why one artist evolved and the other is still struggling! coffee1

Just now, Can't Come Up With A Name said:

STOP 👏 THESE 👏 STUPID 👏 GAGA 👏 VS  👏 MADONNA 👏 THREADS 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I wish there was an option to opt out of battlegrounds like you can with some other sections jj4

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.