Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

More experimental : Madonna vs Gaga

In the context of their careers, both ladies dabbled in different sounds and themes which I appreciate. However, I think that Madonna's experimentation comes about much more naturally. Each record sounds so different, but you can feel the evolution from one record to the next.

I think Gaga's main flaw for me, is that she forcefully changes her sound. Every record does sound different, but it feels like they're different for the sake of being different? And it's not just something Gaga does, it's like many stars nowadays are trying to reinvent themselves every era, which I guess is cool because it keeps you entertained, but it just feels very unnatural & premeditated, which is kinda detrimental to experimentation? 

4 hours ago, Jjang said:

Actually this was inspired by @Freaky Prince 's thread bey5 If you guys think that Born This Way / Joanne are experimental and "not even Pop" then what do you think of Madonna's x10 more progressive and experimental projects? chi1 Let me guess, "boring" ? Says a lot.

The obession. We can't have a thread with proper discussion without y'all turning it into some form of BGs debate wat1 

literally Madonna wasn't even mentioned in that thread yet you somehow made this about her dead4 

Y'all just came in and mentioned how The Fame was her most experimental. 

Like I'm actually shocked at your attempt to come for Lil Monsters because it comes off desperate and reaching.

What i love the most about Madonna is the fact that it always came natural to her. Never forced or faked.

Always perfect balance of great pop songs with experimental touch. 

While Gaga is trying too hard to be taken seriously. One second she loves pop music, next one she's acting like she's above it. Her 'reinventions' are fake and forced. Products are simply bad as result of that. 

Perfect dictionary example of the expression "having no fucking clue": 

10 hours ago, Winniedeng. said:

Gaga, she garnered comparisons to Madonna with just her debut. Madinna only experimentation was pushing the boundaries of sexuality, and she continues to try and do that for some reason. I think Gaga's image is much more artistic and experimental.

11 hours ago, HninSi said:

All madonna did was pop music. She never strayed away from it and her vocal styling was limited to that genre only. She changed many outfits.

Haven't listened to a single Madonna album for sure, but dares to have an opinion ...groundbreaking nat1 

The answer is painfully obvious. What exactly has been experimental about Gaga's career? 

12 hours ago, HninSi said:

All madonna did was pop music. She never strayed away from it and her vocal styling was limited to that genre only. She changed many outfits.

Why is a Mariah stan coming for Madonna's musical versatility? The damn nerve. fall8 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.