Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

Rita Ora : "I'm A Prime Example Why Refugees Should Be Let In"

Rita Ora, the 26-year-old British pop star and fashion icon, is this year’s recipient of the Variety + H&M Conscious Award for her outstanding philanthropic work, but she’s been involved with charity organizations for years.

Ora, and who immigrated to Britain from Kosovo with her family when she was still a baby, grew up in the Grenfell Tower neighborhood has friends affected by the fire, making her especially passionate about bringing attention to the cause. “Knowing these people, knowing their physical bodies, is a whole different thing than just having sympathy for these people,” Ora says.

Her childhood experience of living in government housing helped her relate to the plight of the Grenfell residents. “Growing up in government homes, it’s like your only bit of sanctuary,” she says. “It’s big, it’s like your only place where you feel safe, so [the disaster] was really off-putting for me.

Ora has also worked with numerous other charity organizations, including amfAR (she was a hit at this year’s annual Cannes bash), DKMS, Sightsavers and the Small Steps Program. She is passionate about worldwide humanitarian crises as well, particularly the plight of refugees.

I’m a prime example of somebody that you shouldn’t throw out or not let into your country,” she says. “I’m one of those cases that you just never know who you’re declining from your country… it’s about giving people something to believe in.”

oh rita girl eve1 

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/rita-ora-philanthropic-causes-1202518142/

1 hour ago, Vertigo-go said:

dead2

I know the bashing is because she's making it about herself, but she's the perfect example of a refugee (or even an immigrant) who is contributing to society in a positive way as many others do, which fights the refugee/immigrant from a less developed country stereotype of clinging onto government funding and being a mess so idk why people drag her???? rip4

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.