Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jdpm1991

Better album: Joanne vs Witness vs Rainbow

Better latest album?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Better latest pop girl album?

• Kesha's Rainbow
    • Gaga's Aunt Joanne
    • Katy's HItless Witness

Currently listening to Rainbow but one thing is clear...Rainbow and Witness are definitely better than Joanne. More conceptual and well thought out. Rainbow so far seems to make much smarter and tasteful use of rock and country.

3 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

Perfect Illusion is still better than anything Katy has ever released. tea2 

I love perfectillusionofahit.mp3 a lot, but Witness the song shits on it. And also Power shits a lot on it, too. kylie2

2 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Witness, the song, is so overrated lol dead4 

i don't think so when you compare it to Katys other stuff. It's a modern electro ballad without beeing too cheesy and I can relate to it, even though the theme might is simple and common. Production delivers, buuuut. Of course nobody has to share or agree with my opinion kylie2

Witness > Rainbow > Joanne

My placing of Witness may be biased, but I genuinely think that it's the best album that she has released. It's very different for her, and I like this artistic direction! I think it's too early to judge Rainbow, but from what I've gathered so far, the album has high highs but overall it's kinda rough around the edges. I'm also not a huge fan of pop-rock & country, so the mixture is a no for me! Joanne is kinda the same, but it doesn't carry the highs & authenticity of Rainbow! 

It's kinda nice that all girls have decided to do something that doesn't fit in with current trends, it's cool! gaycat1

Okay Witness is my fave Katy album and I didn't even listen to all of Raibow, but Rainbow has won cry5 She's bringing back old school rock vibes without beeing pretentious, this is the fucking album of the decade, SHE SOUNDS SO COMFORTABLE and the prodcution kills me cry5 IS THIS 2017?? IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?? KESHA BRINGING BACK THIS KIND OF MUSIC???cry5 THANK YOU

7 hours ago, Kuba said:

Witness > Rainbow > Joanne

My placing of Witness may be biased, but I genuinely think that it's the best album that she has released. It's very different for her, and I like this artistic direction! I think it's too early to judge Rainbow, but from what I've gathered so far, the album has high highs but overall it's kinda rough around the edges. I'm also not a huge fan of pop-rock & country, so the mixture is a no for me! Joanne is kinda the same, but it doesn't carry the highs & authenticity of Rainbow! 

It's kinda nice that all girls have decided to do something that doesn't fit in with current trends, it's cool! gaycat1

Witness fits with the trends though?

I love Rainbow but I love Joanne more. Rainbow has some huge highs though, all her singles are solid and Rainbow, Boots, and Godzilla are some of my favorite Kesha songs released. Not a huge fan of the rocky and folky aspects of the album but maybe they'll grow on me. Witness still remains entirely forgettable in my opinion but I still think Witness the track is one of Katy's best and the track alone is better than anything on both Rainbow and Joanne.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.