Sign in to follow this  

Review Rainbow Review

5 posts in this topic

Bastards - So far my least favourite song from the record. It's a nice opener, reminds me of Goodbye which I find a little symbolic, lyrics are beautiful, although the song reminds me of those mornings when you wake up too early and still want to sleep the ending of song is so powerful and when this song is playing I skip it to that part. 

Let 'Em Talk -  I love this song. It reminds me of her 2005 myspace demos like Revenge and Red Lipstick and that was exactly what I needed. The vocals are A-MAZING. It really lifts your mood.

Woman - I don't know why it's often hated by the fanbase but Woman is amazing. It really goes under your skin and makes you want to dance your ass off. It has playful Kesha elements, it's spontaneous and powerful. 

Hymn - This song is C'mon of this album. Reminds me a bit of Noah Cyrus's Stay Together or Katy's Hey Hey Hey. It's cool and different, but for me it doesn't stand out so much compared to the other songs.

Praying - THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A COMEBACK. Powerful lyrics, production and vocals. This song is so inspiring and the message is so strong and powerful.

Learn To Let Go - Amazing lyrics, it's so uplifting and nostalgic. Reminds me of Avril Lavigne. It makes you want to cry happy tears and dance at the same time.

Finding You - I love her vocals, the country vibe and simply everything about this song. It makes you fall in love. It's like a continuation of Last Goodbye, where she finally moves on from her first love and find someone worth her love.

Rainbow - This song is a grower. It didn't touch me from the first listen, but more I got into it the more it touched my heart. The orchestra goes perfectly with her voice and the fact she wrote this when she was on rehab makes it so beautiful.

Hunt You Down - I love the country vibe, it fits Kesha amazing and this song is cute and enjoyable.

Boots - The absolute bop of the album. Needs to be a single it would slayyyy. Truly Toxic meets Timber

Boogie Feet - Punk rock Kesha strikes again. IMO It's better than Let 'Em Talk and it needs to be a single. I love the verses and when her and EODM singer's voice match. 

Old Flames (Can't Hold A Candle To You) - I love this version more than the Deconstructed one. Dolly and Kesha sound amazing together. 

Godzilla - This song is so calming, simple and warm. It reminds me of holidays and a careless childhood.

Spaceship - This song is about death and leaving this earth and it's so emotional it almost made me cry. It's a perfect album closer. Her monologue is maybe a bit unnecessary but I don't mind it. The ending of the song gave me chills.

Overrall, Rainbow is a beautiful album that talks about finding inner peace and happiness. It's very healing and personal to Kesha, but the songs are totally relatable to everyone. I'm glad she did album that is completely different than any of the today's hit releases and that she has unleashed her creativity and gave us a true work of art. I'm sure this album is just the beginning and that Kesha is going to give us a lot of great music in the future.

10 hours ago, rosekesha said:

Rainbow - This song is a grower. It didn't touch me from the first listen, but more I got into it the more it touched my heart. The orchestra goes perfectly with her voice and the fact she wrote this when she was on rehab makes it so beautifu

This is very true for me too. The first time I heard it I was not imprrssed at all. It was very forgettable for me. It probably took like 5-6 listens but it git stuck in my head and by the 10th or so made me tear up and feel the feels. Especially after reading the story behind it in her letter.

8 minutes ago, Monster Voices said:

This is very true for me too. The first time I heard it I was not imprrssed at all. It was very forgettable for me. It probably took like 5-6 listens but it git stuck in my head and by the 10th or so made me tear up and feel the feels. Especially after reading the story behind it in her letter.

Funny because for me, it was clear after the first listen that Rainbow is one of the best tracks on the album. I am not that impressed by Hunt You Down tbh.

2 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

Funny because for me, it was clear after the first listen that Rainbow is one of the best tracks on the album. I am not that impressed by Hunt You Down tbh.

And I absolutely loved Hunt you down from the first listen xtina4