Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

havok

Bigger Career: Beyoncé or Britney?

Beyonce-Britney.jpg

Another good example of bigger-peak vs longevity. It's obvious that Britney enjoyed the bigger peak, but Beyoncé ended up outlasting her and ever since 2008 she has easily outperformed the former. We could argue that she has actually seen the peak of her career recently with ST and LEMONADE, even when these two didn't sell as much as her first three albums. But she's now cemented as a certified music icon and on her way to become a legend and shows no signs of stopping. Meanwhile, Britney's career is pretty much over, in every way. Future doesn't look bright. 

So taking everything into account, commercial success, classics, iconic and memorable moments, cultural impact, influence, celebrity status, acclaim, etc. Whose career is bigger now and why? bey2

And, before any of you dumb bitches try it: Yes, both careers are bigger than Xtina's. 

36 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Answering this is harder than I thought. rip4 I don't know.

Who do you think will be more remembered in 30 years? nat1 

19 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

Overall Britney is more iconic and had more success so it's hard to say.

I'm not that sure about that. Beyoncé has made an excellent work at building her brand as an iconic one and it's only gonna get bigger. Britney is all nostalgia now.  

Britney has nothing left to prove. She sold more albums, singles, her peak was definitely bigger but when it comes to longevity - Beyoncé basically rebranded herself and now she's bigger than ever. Britney slowed things down a bit but at least she get out of Vegas recently and she's doing shows around the world which is great and her fans are happy. She's not that successful (let's be real - her last two albums were pretty non-event) but she's doing it for fun, on the other hand Beyonce's last two albums cemented her position not only in pop-culture with catchy phrases "I woke up like this", "bow down bitches", memes etc. but in the history of music.

In short: Britney had the bigger career, Beyonce has the longer one.

As of right now, Britney is more iconic because she is already an immortalised legacy act well past her peak. On the other hand, Beyonce's career is still going. In saying that, I think it'll begin to wind down now simply because I can't see anywhere else she can go... she can't keep retreading the visual album which is what she is kind of known for now. Legend status isn't based upon actual raw talent and never has been, so in 30 years I see them both being seen as iconic as each other.

2 hours ago, Courtney Love said:

In short: Britney had the bigger career, Beyonce has the longer one.

As of right now, Britney is more iconic because she is already an immortalised legacy act well past her peak. On the other hand, Beyonce's career is still going. In saying that, I think it'll begin to wind down now simply because I can't see anywhere else she can go... she can't keep retreading the visual album which is what she is kind of known for now. Legend status isn't based upon actual raw talent and never has been, so in 30 years I see them both being seen as iconic as each other.

This

Beyonce by far. Sold more singles (and records overall), bigger touring act, more respected, more awarded, more influential (all new/upcoming artists cite her as an influence), bigger brand. Even her flop songs are more known than some Britney hits. Britney only beats her in album sales, but with DC the gap is not even that huge.

I never knew who Britney was until 2007 and that is because Ksenija Pajcin (a Serbian singer) sampled her song Crazy, while I bought B Day in 2006 and was aware of Beys existence. I never heard about her so-called iconic moments, performances, hairflips, hand moves, outfits until I started following pop forums. And even that is because her fans are making people believe it and repeating Britney impact!!! Iconic!!! Like, what is even her so-called huge impact? She hopped on the teen pop bandwagon (Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys were the real pioneers), just like she later she hopped on the urban and dancepop wave. She is irrelevant to new generations since she had little success in the digital era, while Bey is idolised and worshipped by them. I fail to see her appeal and that huge 'aura' that surrounds her according to her fans.

11 hours ago, havok said:

Who do you think will be more remembered in 30 years? nat1 

None tbh. 

How many kids do you think care or remember Madonna nowadays? Maybe some of them know her by name, but would most of them be able to name one of her songs? And we're talking about the biggest female artist of all time, let alone Britney or Beyoncé in 30 years who had far less impact and success than her.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.