Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Dolly Parton's "I will always love you" is better than Whitney's

Dolly originally wrote it and I agree that Whitney is vocally stronger than Dolly, but since Dolly wrote it on real life experience she sings it with way more feelings.

And her version is so credibly underrated, but at least she gets them coins cry9 Whitneys version is great, but Dollys version is just more personal and soft

1 hour ago, Spencer Pratt said:

No one gives a fuck about that old bitches version, she owes Whitney her life 

Or perhaps Whitney owes it to her for composing the song that most people recognize her for

Well this is what I think :

If you like country music, you're gonna love Dolly's version while If you like R&B/Soul Music, Whitney's version will be better for you. It's hard to tell because they rendered into two different genres where it's not easy to define which one is the best you know ? 

29 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Whitney's version is very theatrical, Dolly's is more personal. Both are great imo, but ofc credit goes to Dolly since she wrote it. 

Of course! I never said that Whitneys version is bad, but no one gives any credit to poor Dolly cry9

39 minutes ago, Spencer Pratt said:

Well no because no one gave a shit about the song or Dolly before Whitney's version

Except for the fact that Dolly was on the radio, TV, was touring, and making shit tons of coins for 13 years before Whitney even made her debut dead4

Not sure why you’re attacking the artists themselves but both deserve complete respect, they’re both mega-legends. 

5 minutes ago, SWINΞ said:

Except for the fact that Dolly was on the radio, TV, was touring, and making shit tons of coins for 13 years before Whitney even made her debut dead4

Not sure why you’re attacking the artists themselves but both deserve complete respect, they’re both mega-legends. 

It wasn't famous the song was actually a flop and no one cared for it, no one knows her version. Whitney's is world wide known and one of the most famous songs in the world ever, and don't compare Dolly to Whitney, Dolly is famous in the 21st century for Hannah Montana and that's it. She is a nobody I didn't even think she was still alive um3

6 minutes ago, Spencer Pratt said:

It wasn't famous the song was actually a flop and no one cared for it, no one knows her version. Whitney's is world wide known and one of the most famous songs in the world ever, and don't compare Dolly to Whitney, Dolly is famous in the 21st century for Hannah Montana and that's it. She is a nobody I didn't even think she was still alive um3

The song may not have been famous but it’s a reach to say Dolly’s 13 year career before Whitney even released one thing was irrelevant... maybe to YOU and wherever YOU live she’s irrelevant but she has her own theme park where I live... I’ve never heard of “Whitney World”...

2 hours ago, Spencer Pratt said:

Dolly has a whole amusement park based around her brand, which economically revitalized the entire region it's located in. Her charitable foundation provides free books to 850,000 underprivileged kids in the US, UK, Canada and Australia. The state of South Carolina literally has an official "Dolly Parton Day". To call her forgotten is to overlook basically her entire legacy.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.