Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Dolly Parton's "I will always love you" is better than Whitney's

5 hours ago, Spencer Pratt said:

Well no because no one gave a shit about the song or Dolly before Whitney's version

Are you from North Korea or something? Because everyone knows Dolly Parton 

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Thank you for that opinion sis! 

Whitney's version is MILES better and everyone agrees! It is after all the best selling song by a female artist ever, and a ROTY winner clap4 

Transformers movies make a billion dollars plus every time so they must be the greatest films of all time. McDonald's sells more burgers than any michlean star restaurant so it must be the best food in the world. 

Or sales aren't an indicator of quality and there are perfectly legitimate reasons to think Dolly's version is better.

8 minutes ago, Winniedeng. said:

Whitneys is better, and even most Dolly Stans agree. Dollys may be more personal, but I believe Whitney emotes better. Regardless its Whitneys song now, and I'm sure a large percentage of the population would agree.

fight me

On 8/17/2017 at 1:44 PM, Simón. said:

fight me

When I woke up this morning. I felt as if I was physically being held down, with a feeling of dread. My bones ached, and head was pounding. I could barely lift myself out of bed. I picked up my phone, logged onto fotp, and found out you posted this thread. I commented and dragged, called Dolly a hag. And now all my pains gone away. This song is Whitneys tune, Dollys old as a prune. Buy "Angel" by Fifth Harmony on Itunes.

I personally think the song is rather boring in both versions laughcry1 but both have their attractive qualities. Whitney's has the big, dramatic voice, and Dolly's has a more somber, emotional edge to it.

Also can't at anyone dissing Dolly. People seem to forget that country is one of the biggest markets in the US and she's a staple in it. Her version is no longer as famous as Whitney's, but hers did go to number one twice on the country charts. She had a crossover hit with 9 to 5, and Jolene has become a very recognized record. People know who Dolly Parton is. (At least in the US)

2 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I personally think the song is rather boring in both versions laughcry1 but both have their attractive qualities. Whitney's has the big, dramatic voice, and Dolly's has a more somber, emotional edge to it.

Also can't at anyone dissing Dolly. People seem to forget that country is one of the biggest markets in the US and she's a staple in it. Her version is no longer as famous as Whitney's, but hers did go to number one twice on the country charts. She had a crossover hit with 9 to 5, and Jolene has become a very recognized record. People know who Dolly Parton is. (At least in the US)

I lived in the south and neither me ir any of my family know who Dolly Parton is. But we love Whitney Houston

For sheer power its gotta be whitney but for emotion and connection to the lyrics its Dolly. I can appreciate both of them and will continue to listen to them when im in different moods.

For arguments sake tho, whitney sang that song until she shredded the life out of it. She never truly gave it the care it needed which is why the best ever rendition of this song is

1 hour ago, Winniedeng. said:

I lived in the south and neither me ir any of my family know who Dolly Parton is. But we love Whitney Houston

Well you and your family aren't everybody laughcry1 I find it hard to believe that nobody in your immediate or extended family doesn't know/have heard of Dolly Parton. I'm not saying she's as famous as Whitney, of course not, but that doesn't mean people don't know who she is.

As someone who ACTUALLY grew up in the south, Dolly was, is, and always will be a prominent music figure, don't listen to... others in this thread looking to troll.

But anyway, it comes down to what you look for in the song. Personally, I prefer Dolly's. Sales should never be your criteria for what songs, albums, song versions, etc are better, but some of you will remain biased I guess.

Dolly's is very touching but there's just something magical about Whitney's rendition. I don't think anyone will ever beat it tbh.

20 minutes ago, Hylia said:

As someone who ACTUALLY grew up in the south, Dolly was, is, and always will be a prominent music figure, don't listen to... others in this thread looking to troll.

Literally thodead4 EVERYBODY in the south loves Dolly.

2 hours ago, FMKK said:

Transformers movies make a billion dollars plus every time so they must be the greatest films of all time. McDonald's sells more burgers than any michlean star restaurant so it must be the best food in the world. 

Or sales aren't an indicator of quality and there are perfectly legitimate reasons to think Dolly's version is better.

Did Transformers get the acclaim that Whitney did? She won two Grammys, including ROTY for her recording. It's universally acclaimed, and being the best selling song is a huge plus. 

Next ny12 

1 hour ago, Hylia said:

But anyway, it comes down to what you look for in the song. Personally, I prefer Dolly's. Sales should never be your criteria for what songs, albums, song versions, etc are better, but some of you will remain biased I guess.

New Z3aland isnt the south sis awk1 

2 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Well you and your family aren't everybody laughcry1 I find it hard to believe that nobody in your immediate or extended family doesn't know/have heard of Dolly Parton. I'm not saying she's as famous as Whitney, of course not, but that doesn't mean people don't know who she is.

I live in Southern California, shes unheard of here. Sorry

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.