Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Dolly Parton's "I will always love you" is better than Whitney's

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Did Transformers get the acclaim that Whitney did? She won two Grammys, including ROTY for her recording. It's universally acclaimed, and being the best selling song is a huge plus. 

Next ny12 

I guess 25 must be a better album than Lemonade because it won the Grammy. Not like awards are ever questionable. Besides, it's not like those two versions went up against each other in the awards that year. Maybe Witney was in a weaker year for competition.

And even then, who cares? If someone thinks the Dolly original is better and can clearly explain why (which has happened here) are they supposed to just change their minds because you've come on waving your tacky awards? If you prefer Witney's that's fine. Go enjoy her hollering.

2 minutes ago, FMKK said:

I guess 25 must be a better album than Lemonade because it won the Grammy. Not like awards are ever questionable. Besides, it's not like those two versions went up against each other in the awards that year. Maybe Witney was in a weaker year for competition.

And even then, who cares? If someone thinks the Dolly original is better and can clearly explain why (which has happened here) are they supposed to just change their minds because you've come on waving your tacky awards? If you prefer Witney's that's fine. Go enjoy her hollering.

So ignorant orangu1 

I won't even bother, go watch Transformers sis ny14 

Just now, FMKK said:

My point was that Transformers is shit. Good to see you understood my point...

Your point wasn't shit sis.

People here can have their cute little opinions, as I have mine. But there are facts that Whitney's version is the staple and regarded as the superior version by everyone and their mothers, including Dolly herself. 

The fact that you keep purposely writing "Witney" as some failed shade and then write that she's hollering just shows that you ain't shit and that you're ignorant as fuck ny12 

I Will Always Love you is factually the superior version and that's it ny14 

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Your point wasn't shit sis.

People here can have their cute little opinions, as I have mine. But there are facts that Whitney's version is the staple and regarded as the superior version by everyone and their mothers, including Dolly herself. 

The fact that you keep purposely writing "Witney" as some failed shade and then write that she's hollering just shows that you ain't shit and that you're ignorant as fuck ny12 

I Will Always Love you is factually the superior version and that's it ny14 

Again, just because you don't understand my point doesn't mean it isn't relevant. Do you think that sales are a barometer of quality? It's a yes or no question and not a hard one to grasp.

I prefer the Dolly version, other people do as well and they can explain why. So why should I give a shit about critical consensus when I have my own reasons for preferring the song? Do you expect me to suddenly stop liking the Dolly version? Is that what you want? 

Surely it's not difficult for you to explain what you like about the Whitney version instead of relying on the crutch of sales or other people's opinions. Or maybe it is, idk

15 hours ago, Winniedeng. said:

Oh cause you took a census right! :) Shes unheard of, and im not even trolling rip4 

Have you took a census? laughcry1 You can't possibly know that nobody in Southern California knows who Dolly Parton is.

13 hours ago, Winniedeng. said:

Its still the South gaycat1 right?

Not really. When you say "the south" people tend to think of all the southern states east of Texas. California is kind of just... California.

12 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Have you took a census? laughcry1 You can't possibly know that nobody in Southern California knows who Dolly Parton is.

Not really. When you say "the south" people tend to think of all the southern states east of Texas. California is kind of just... California.

im trolling stop 

On 8/17/2017 at 10:09 AM, Spencer Pratt said:

No one gives a fuck about that old bitches version, she owes Whitney her life 

Being from the same place as Dolly and having met her on several occasions, I can assure that Dolly Parton is not a bitch. In fact, she is one the nicest, humblest, and genuinely beautiful to be around. She not only cares about her fans, she cares about her town. Pigeon Forge and Seviereville are her home and she has done so much to make that area thriving. Last fall, when this area was decimated by one of the worst wild fires in US history, Dolly came and stayed until the evacuations were done, she visited the evacuees in the shelters, she has payed to get people's homes rebuilt. On the many occasions I've met her, she has been one of the nicest people I've seen. She hugs, shakes hands, and even makes fun of herself. She pokes fun at the boobs and the hair. And she acknowledges her imperfections. She is not who I would call a bitch. If you want to use that terminology, why don't you learn a little bit more about the person before you go on the attack. I've seen some terrible people here on FOTP but you are easily the one that I cannot stand the most. I don't know what's made you so bitter, but I hope that it gets fixed soon because you're breaking the downvote system. 

On 8/17/2017 at 11:14 AM, Spencer Pratt said:

It wasn't famous the song was actually a flop and no one cared for it, no one knows her version. Whitney's is world wide known and one of the most famous songs in the world ever, and don't compare Dolly to Whitney, Dolly is famous in the 21st century for Hannah Montana and that's it. She is a nobody I didn't even think she was still alive um3

Also she isn't a nobody. She still performs sell out shows, owns one of the most thriving amusement parks in the country, boasts some of the most incredible record sales in country music history, is revered as one of the greatest song writers to be in the business, and carries one of the most love and cherished legacy's in music.  

On 8/17/2017 at 11:21 AM, SWINΞ said:

The song may not have been famous but it’s a reach to say Dolly’s 13 year career before Whitney even released one thing was irrelevant... maybe to YOU and wherever YOU live she’s irrelevant but she has her own theme park where I live... I’ve never heard of “Whitney World”...

Dollywood is right in by back yard as well. And all Dolly did after the fire...it was incredible how much she helped. 

On 8/17/2017 at 0:39 PM, Americunt said:

Dolly has a whole amusement park based around her brand, which economically revitalized the entire region it's located in. Her charitable foundation provides free books to 850,000 underprivileged kids in the US, UK, Canada and Australia. The state of South Carolina literally has an official "Dolly Parton Day". To call her forgotten is to overlook basically her entire legacy.

She also is one of the few advocates for the LGBT community in country music. Dollywood hosts Gay Day's every year and they are my favorite. A family friend works for Dollywood and told us that any time there is a complaint from a guest regarding something one of the staff members said negative or rude regarding sexual orientation, gender, race, religion, etc. it doesn't go to the park manager, it goes to Dolly and she takes care of it. She also treats her employees like family. When the Dream More resort opened, anyone staffed by Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, or Lumberjack Feud got a free weekend in the hotel. I've met her several times at the park and she is one of the most amazing people out there. She doesn't think of herself as "Dolly the Queen of Country", she thinks of herself as Dolly Parton..just Dolly. And that's amazing. 

9 hours ago, RebelHeart15 said:

Being from the same place as Dolly and having met her on several occasions, I can assure that Dolly Parton is not a bitch. In fact, she is one the nicest, humblest, and genuinely beautiful to be around. She not only cares about her fans, she cares about her town. Pigeon Forge and Seviereville are her home and she has done so much to make that area thriving. Last fall, when this area was decimated by one of the worst wild fires in US history, Dolly came and stayed until the evacuations were done, she visited the evacuees in the shelters, she has payed to get people's homes rebuilt. On the many occasions I've met her, she has been one of the nicest people I've seen. She hugs, shakes hands, and even makes fun of herself. She pokes fun at the boobs and the hair. And she acknowledges her imperfections. She is not who I would call a bitch. If you want to use that terminology, why don't you learn a little bit more about the person before you go on the attack. I've seen some terrible people here on FOTP but you are easily the one that I cannot stand the most. I don't know what's made you so bitter, but I hope that it gets fixed soon because you're breaking the downvote system. 

I couldn't care less for Backwoods Barbie, but Dolly is one of my favourite personas in the world. I'm glad she's like that in real life, as well as the public scream1

Funny as fuck and charitable scream1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.