Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Terrorist attack in Barcelona - several dead, gunmen spotted

A crowd of people were struck by a white van before gunfire is reported to have broken out at a nearby restaurant. 

Two armed men are believed to have stormed Luna de Istanbul restaurant after police said the driver had fled the initial scene.

Local television is reporting hostages have been held in the Turkish restaurant. 

Gunshots have abeen reported near the food market of La Boqueria, which is a major tourist attraction. 

Police said they are treating the incident as a terror attack. They earlier described the incident as a "massive crash". 

Witnesses said a white van driven by a man mounted the pavement before crashing into pedestrians. The driver then fled the scene. 

People have been urged to avoid the area, with crowds now shuttered inside shops in the area for their own safety

More than 20 people are believed to have been injured, many seriously, according to Barcelona police on Twitter. Two people are believed to have been killed. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/842495/barcelona-van-ploughs-crowd-tourists-police-las-ramblas/amp

Is this an IS terror attack or is this from Barcelona citizens because they don't want tourists anymore? It was on the news a few dags ago that Barcelona citizens don't want tourists in their city anymore.

7 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Is this an IS terror attack or is this from Barcelona citizens because they don't want tourists anymore? It was on the news a few dags ago that Barcelona citizens don't want tourists in their city anymore.

I'm pretty sure its a terror attack considering the hostage too

So sad to read about attacks like this in this short amount of time. Sadly, there is nothing we can really do about it. So live your life to the fullest, stay safe and kind to people around you and love each other <3

2 hours ago, Royalty said:

fall2 they actually want tourists but not the uncontrolled mess that we have now in Spain  fall2

1 hour ago, Entea said:

@Manel @#Music not sure if you live in the area but I hope you're both safe and anyone else living in the Barcelona area brit2

brit2 Manel actually does live in that area but i'm sure he's ok cuz he's a legend, I live more towards the south

@Hannah @Entea @Hermione @#Music I'm okay guys. I was supposed to meet a friend in Las Ramblas at 5 PM (a few minutes before the accident happened), but at the very last minute we decided to go to a shopping centre that they also wanted to attack. It's been a crazy afternoon and I arrived home a few minutes ago because the city is almost paralyzed.

My entire family and all my friends are okay too, and I'm just glad the day is over.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.