Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jdpm1991

Is KPop better than Western pop this decade?

I agree, pop music in the US has been so annoying and over the top generic it switched me off completely, I think I transcended into hiphop because the music every popstar is/was making doesn't grab me like I want it to, I will cherish all the 2010-2013 albums that were pop as can be but still enjoyable to listen to to this day, but right now Im listening to whatever new sound I can find, Kpop & Jpop being one of them nat1 

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

if anything, kpop is just as stale, they're still lowkey stuck in the tropical house trend dead2 you can find some gems hidden around too tho!

At least we don't have trash like Despicato or Shape Of You dominating the KPop charts. I'd rather listen to BLACKPINK over that any day

2 minutes ago, jdpm1991 said:

At least we don't have trash like Despicato or Shape Of You dominating the KPop charts. I'd rather listen to BLACKPINK over that any day

oh i agree, western charts are the pits rn rip4

15 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

Nope, K-Pop just copies western music we already did years ago anyway.

Really I wasn't aware Western pop did songs like Ice Cream Cake or Cheer Up news to me.

3 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

Just listened to ice cream cake

Literally sounds like a fifth harmony or little mix song from 2012 minus the chorus a bit

Please Fifth Harmony could never pull off that rap verse. And Red Velvet doesn't need rent-a-rappers like Little Shit and No Harmony

Your faves could never.. 

And also, I think this will answer all your questions;

And mind you, Ateez is just debuting, these are debut songs, I repeat DEBUT songs, they have so much potential it's insane! 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.