Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Vulnicura.

#VulnicuraListensTo: Tori Amos — Scarlet's Walk and Kate Bush — Never For Ever

R-1101127-1488392815-9551.jpeg.jpg

1. Amber Waves - 9
  2. A Sorta Fairytale - 9.25
  3. Wednesday - 9
  4. Strange - 8.4
  5. Carbon - 8.6
  6. Crazy - 8.5
  7. Wampum Prayer
  8. Don't Make Me Come To Vegas - 8.4
  9. Sweet Sangria - 8.8
  10. Your Cloud - 8.8
  11. Pancake - 9.25
  12. I Can't See New York - 10
  13. Mrs Jesus - 10
  14. Taxi Ride - 9.5
  15. Another Girl's Paradise - 8.4
  16. Scarlet's Walk - 8.8
  17. Virginia - 9.2
  18. Gold Dust - 9.5

Average — 9.02

For an album this long to snatch such a 9+ average is the first for me and while it does have some uninteresting (for now, I'm sure this album will grow) moments, overall it's a solid concept album and tackles issues in a manner that only Scarlet could.

60609-kate-bush-never-for-ever.jpg

1. Babooshka - 9.25
  2. Delius - 8.5
  3. Blow Away - 9.3
  4. All We Ever Look For - 8.5
  5. Egypt - 9
  6. The Wedding List - 9.4
  7. Violin - 10
  8. The Infant Kiss - 9.4
  9. Army Dreamers - 9.3
  10. Breathing - 9

Average — 9.18

As Hylia mentioned, it's not her best album but still manages to shit on so many other albums. One unique thing about her is that she can throw in random sounds into a dreamy story and it suddenly breaks the fantasy and creates the weirdest blend which somehow she pulls off

Thank you to @Hylia @Sylk @Aidan. @Jose @Lachlan @Rachel Berry

for listening with me!

See you next week for The Beekeeper and The Dreaming!

12 hours ago, Hylia said:

@Anna-wa I hope we see you during The Beekeeper

qrwtKis.jpg

If @Vulnicura. would have let me know when this was gonna happen BEFORE THE DAY OF maybe I could've not drank that delicious alcohol infused drink

qrwtKis.jpg

I don't go out that often though (except to Starbucks) so hopefully when you guys do the Beekeeper I will be wide awake for it.

qrwtKis.jpg

Just now, Anna-wa said:

If @Vulnicura. would have let me know when this was gonna happen BEFORE THE DAY OF maybe I could've not drank that delicious alcohol infused drink

qrwtKis.jpg

omg sorry I wanted to post a status update the day before but I thought it would be uselesswendy4

You can sign up for #VulnicuraReminds and I'll pm you 12 hours before if you want!kylie1

1 minute ago, Vulnicura. said:

omg sorry I wanted to post a status update the day before but I thought it would be uselesswendy4

You can sign up for #VulnicuraReminds and I'll pm you 12 hours before if you want!kylie1

Yes please *signs up* kylie1 

6 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

Yes please *signs up* kylie1 

omg thanks for the 2000th rep queen

Thanks for signing onto #VulnicuraFacts!kylie1

Did you know that the album, Vulnicura, was leaked one day after the songs were actually mastered?

8 minutes ago, Vulnicura. said:

omg thanks for the 2000th rep queen

Thanks for signing onto #VulnicuraFacts!kylie1

Did you know that the album, Vulnicura, was leaked one day after the songs were actually mastered?

Amazing! cry3 

I can't believe I missed this. moo2 I appreciate the gorgeous scores you gave Never For Ever. Delius is one of my favorites, but I know it gets some time to get used to. I just love the atmosphere she created for that song.

Please tag me next week when you do The Dreaming! My favorite cry1

On 8/19/2017 at 5:54 AM, Hylia said:

I'm so excited for Violin because she fucking SNAPS on that song

One of my least favorite on that album. eve1 

On 8/19/2017 at 6:03 AM, Sylk said:

omg Kate wrote the entire album herself I didn't even knew! We have decided to stan forever 

She has always been writing everything by herself, while producing everything since The Dreaming (1982). jj2 

On 8/20/2017 at 7:49 PM, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I can't believe I missed this. moo2 I appreciate the gorgeous scores you gave Never For Ever. Delius is one of my favorites, but I know it gets some time to get used to. I just love the atmosphere she created for that song.

Please tag me next week when you do The Dreaming! My favorite cry1

Delius is gorgeous. I like when she creates such beautiful and weird harmonious works.

How come I found this thread just now. wendy4 Kate is my absolute fave, and I'd LOVE to join in when there will be another listening happening. There's nothing better than enjoying weird music together. oprah13 So tag me, girls. The Dreaming, Hounds of Love, The Sensual World are my absolute favourites.

And speaking of Never for Ever, this was the album that introduced me to Kate. Like, I have known Babooshka since, like, my childhood, but only when I found an old vinyl within my Dad's collection, did I listen to the album for the actual first time. Of course I was surprised, but it's just spectacular how the fantasy draws you in and doesn't let you leave until the last track finishes playing. And it's the same with every damn album of hers. Thinking of it retrospectively, this definitely was a transitional album for Kate stylistically, as some tracks could have easily fitted into the soundscape of her previous two albums (such as The Wedding List or Babooshka), while with others she was daring to experiment with the instrumentation and ideas a bit more (like Delius, Army Dreamers and Breathing, for example).

The ability and talent Kate has to tell stories within her songs is truly magnificent and one of a kind (*cough The Ninth Wave cough*). Now I just wonder if she is working on something right this moment, fingers crossed.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.