Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Vulnicura.

#VulnicuraListensTo: Tori Amos — Scarlet's Walk and Kate Bush — Never For Ever

R-1101127-1488392815-9551.jpeg.jpg

1. Amber Waves - 9
  2. A Sorta Fairytale - 9.25
  3. Wednesday - 9
  4. Strange - 8.4
  5. Carbon - 8.6
  6. Crazy - 8.5
  7. Wampum Prayer
  8. Don't Make Me Come To Vegas - 8.4
  9. Sweet Sangria - 8.8
  10. Your Cloud - 8.8
  11. Pancake - 9.25
  12. I Can't See New York - 10
  13. Mrs Jesus - 10
  14. Taxi Ride - 9.5
  15. Another Girl's Paradise - 8.4
  16. Scarlet's Walk - 8.8
  17. Virginia - 9.2
  18. Gold Dust - 9.5

Average — 9.02

For an album this long to snatch such a 9+ average is the first for me and while it does have some uninteresting (for now, I'm sure this album will grow) moments, overall it's a solid concept album and tackles issues in a manner that only Scarlet could.

60609-kate-bush-never-for-ever.jpg

1. Babooshka - 9.25
  2. Delius - 8.5
  3. Blow Away - 9.3
  4. All We Ever Look For - 8.5
  5. Egypt - 9
  6. The Wedding List - 9.4
  7. Violin - 10
  8. The Infant Kiss - 9.4
  9. Army Dreamers - 9.3
  10. Breathing - 9

Average — 9.18

As Hylia mentioned, it's not her best album but still manages to shit on so many other albums. One unique thing about her is that she can throw in random sounds into a dreamy story and it suddenly breaks the fantasy and creates the weirdest blend which somehow she pulls off

Thank you to @Hylia @Sylk @Aidan. @Jose @Lachlan @Rachel Berry

for listening with me!

See you next week for The Beekeeper and The Dreaming!

@Hylia @Sylk @Aidan. @Anna-wa @Taylor @Jose @Dr. Slay @Rachel Berry  @Liam

@Driven @Nuclear Chicken (come experience talent)

Before we start, I'm gonna explain the album. Scarlet's Walk is much more stripped back than the previous few albums, and the concept here is that Tori is singing from the point of view of a woman named Scarlet. Scarlet is taking a journey across the US to learn more about herself, and a lot of US history comes into play as it intertwines with Scarlet's own story.

Just now, Hylia said:

Before we start, I'm gonna explain the album. Scarlet's Walk is much more stripped back than the previous few albums, and the concept here is that Tori is singing from the point of view of a woman named Scarlet. Scarlet is taking a journey across the US to learn more about herself, and a lot of US history comes into play as it intertwines with Scarlet's own story.

So a concept alberm?nat2

Btw as I was saying I also want to listen to Kate Bush but I'm not sure what album to start with (here).

I've recently discovered Hounds Of Love which IS INCREDIBLE and I'm fairly familiar with it but we can listen to Hounds Of Love if it means everyone is on the same page

Just now, Vulnicura. said:

Btw as I was saying I also want to listen to Kate Bush but I'm not sure what album to start with (here).

I've recently discovered Hounds Of Love which IS INCREDIBLE and I'm fairly familiar with it but we can listen to Hounds Of Love if it means everyone is on the same page

I'm getting into Kate myself at the moment too, The Kick Inside is a wonderful album and I really love The Dreaming as well.

Just now, Vulnicura. said:

Hounds of Love is pure excellence!

1 minute ago, Vulnicura. said:

I was listening to Hounds of Love earlier omgggg

Just now, Hylia said:

For anyone interested in the specifics of each song's location, here's a map

sw-mapb.jpg

I love the Official map of United States of America! yas1 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.