Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

10 year old rape victim gives birth

Not sure if fake news. Only in India rip3 

New Delhi - A 10-year-old rape victim whose plea for an abortion was rejected by India's Supreme Court has given birth to a baby girl, a doctor said on Thursday.

The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was raped several times allegedly by an uncle who has since been arrested.

Last month her parents asked the country's top court to allow her to have a late-term abortion but the request was turned down.

Indian law does not allow medical terminations after 20 weeks unless there is a threat to either the life of the mother or her child.

"She gave birth through C-section today (Thursday). Both the girl and her baby are doing fine," doctor Dasari Harish told AFP by phone from the northern Indian city of Chandigarh.

"The surgery was uneventful. There were no complications whatsoever. The baby weighed 2.2 kilos (4.8 pounds) and is in the neonatal ICU for now."

http://www.news24.com/World/News/10-year-old-india-rape-victim-gives-birth-to-baby-girl-20170817

If this is real... wow. I'm like speechless. 

I wanna say I hope she'll be alright... but that's a life scarring experience to be raped and then have to give birth at such a young age... 

I'm just speechless. 

I bet she would have had an abortion earlier, but she likely didn't tell her parents or her parents didn't realise until the baby bump was very obvious. It's completely understandable that if she avoided telling her parents, but this all could've turned out better if she had spoken about her pregnancy earlier. Even then though, she may have not realised she was pregnant for a multitude reasons.

This situation is just very VERY unfortunate.

3 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is true. The youngest person to ever give birth was only half that age, after all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Medina

Absolutely horrible what happened to her, but at least she and her baby didn't have any complications at birth.

not 5 rip4  what's wrong with people. Child pedophilia is honestly the most disgusting thing.

25 minutes ago, CalixSpurius said:

It's so fucked to be honest but honestly, how did he get pregnant at the age of 9-10 ? Isn't it way too early to be able to reproduce biologically ? 

There's instances where children begin the ovulation process at a much earlier age, such as the 5 year old that was posted above. 

Anyway, this whole thing is so disgusting and fucked up.

My heart breaks everytime I read news like these, I can't, the innocence taken away, it's horrible I still can't believe this still happens. Indian women suffer the most and they even get punished I can't to be honest, those poor souls.

10 hours ago, CalixSpurius said:

It's so fucked to be honest but honestly, how did he get pregnant at the age of 9-10 ? Isn't it way too early to be able to reproduce biologically ? 

I'm not a female, but I do know this: once you start your menstruation cycle, you can conceive a child; it doesn't mean you can carry to term, but you can conceive.  Girls can begin their cycles as early as nine or ten years old, though, most begin by 12 or 13.  Sad and unfortunate, but it can happen.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.