Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Taylor's new music will sound like nothing she's done before

2 hours ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

If this album is supposed to have a Hip Hop flair then I predict a IKYWT meets BB type sound for the first single.

If she's going down an alt/different route - I predict a Jack Antonoff influenced sound. 

But who knows it'll prob be poppy AF

not when 1989 was pop jj2 

I was all for that alt-rock/raw folk sound she was going for around the Red/Hunger Games era. If it's something kinda like that, or in that direction, I'd be happy.

I think 1989 was wonderful, but just doing more Max Martin/Shellback-type pop stuff would be too much of a rehash. We all know Max ain't going to evolve any jj2 So I hope she's working with newer and more interesting people. It just depends on who. Idk what this "dark-then-soft-then-dark-again" means. If we start getting dumb "moody" Selena/Zayn-sounding songs I'll unstan.

2 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I was all for that alt-rock/raw folk sound she was going for around the Red/Hunger Games era. If it's something kinda like that, or in that direction, I'd be happy.

I think 1989 was wonderful, but just doing more Max Martin/Shellback-type pop stuff would be too much of a rehash. We all know Max ain't going to evolve any jj2 So I hope she's working with newer and more interesting people. It just depends on who. Idk what this "dark-then-soft-then-dark-again" means. If we start getting dumb "moody" Selena/Zayn-sounding songs I'll unstan.

Well, Jack Antonoff liked each teaser literally right as they came out. I feel like he probably produced the lead. I was totally against him being on the album until I heard Melodrama and I've actually been okay with it since then moo1 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Well, Jack Antonoff liked each teaser literally right as they came out. I feel like he probably produced the lead. I was totally against him being on the album until I heard Melodrama and I've actually been okay with it since then moo1 

Great jj3 OOTW is literally my least favorite track off of 1989. And I Wish You Would was saved because Greg Kurstin and our boy Max stepped in and co-produced it. He's also married to Lena Dunham, so there's something about him I don't trust.

1 minute ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Great jj3 OOTW is literally my least favorite track off of 1989. And I Wish You Would was saved because Greg Kurstin and our boy Max stepped in and co-produced it. He's also married to Lena Dunham, so there's something about him I don't trust.

Poor L*na rip3 

But yeah I feel you. Maybe Greg worked on the lead as well? I'd be here for Greg/Jack/+Taylor obviously producing the lead. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Poor L*na rip3 

But yeah I feel you. Maybe Greg worked on the lead as well? I'd be here for Greg/Jack/+Taylor obviously producing the lead. 

They just used Taylor for a wedding song rip2

I may be a stick in the mud, but I'm not quite here for that either. Greg made Kelly, Pink, and Ellie's music much less interesting than what they were doing beforehand. (Well, as un-interesting as Kelly can get) He did great work with The Lesbian Sisters but idk if he'd be involved with Taylor's lead if it's "dark". He's doesn't really have that kind of sound.

32 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

They just used Taylor for a wedding song rip2

I may be a stick in the mud, but I'm not quite here for that either. Greg made Kelly, Pink, and Ellie's music much less interesting than what they were doing beforehand. (Well, as un-interesting as Kelly can get) He did great work with The Lesbian Sisters but idk if he'd be involved with Taylor's lead if it's "dark". He's doesn't really have that kind of sound.

Hmm, this is all very true. I'm just not sure what to expect, honestly. I feel like this teaser won't reflect the actual look/sound she's going for? That's what I'm hoping at least because whatever she's teasing is just not very Taylor Swift jj4 

14 hours ago, Taylor said:

If this is true then flop incoming.  dead7  Don't get me wrong - I love Out of The Woods, and Melodrama is a great album, but I want her to have one more ERA that just smashes.  Jack Antonoff has made some bops, but he doesn't deliver smashes, also his last album as Bleachers is mostly trash, and as much as I enjoy Melodrama, I wish he had less influence on it.  

I'd prefer a Red era "State of Grace"/ "Holy Ground rock-ish/edgier IKYWT remix sound cry1 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.