Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Taylor Swift | reputation | November 10th, 2017

Some overall thoughts and my own track by track review

This doesn't sound like a "taylor swift" album and I'm still unsure how i feel about that. She's trying something different and experimenting in her sound which says something but part of me can't take it seriously. I think it'll grow on me though.

Ready For It - song has grown on me a lot. Think I would like it a bit more if it wasn't a Taylor Swift song. Definite bop though. 

End Game - this song's cute I guess.  Grew on me as the song went on but doesn't sound like a Taylor song

I Did Something Bad - Ok a bop but some of the lyrics are cringy. Love that post chorus. 

Don't Blame Me - digging this one and the "soul" vibe. 

Delicate - i was bopping by end tbh

Look What You Made Me Do - I feel about this song the same way I feel about Green Light. I LOVE the verses but the chorus sounds out of place next to them. Weak lead single imo.

So It Goes... - Similar feelings as End Game

Gorgeous - lyrics are kinda bad but it's kinda cute at the same time

Getaway Car - I like this song. I'm pleased she works with Jack a lot more on this album. Reminds me a bit of OOTW. One of my favorites so far. 

King of My Heart - Kind of over produced

Dancing With Our Hands Tied - Don't get the hype for this one tbh. 

Dress - boring

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things - Bop. One of my favorites

Call It What You Want - same feelings as End Game and So It Goes...

New Year's Day - Classic Taylor right here. Album highlight. 

I didn't want to write my thoughts on Reputation until I had a couple of days to listen, and now that I have, I just wanna say that I'm so fucking happy with the result ny3

Reputation was not as INSTANT as 1989 but it grows on you HARD. Listening to this album has been an EXPERIENCE. Like, I literally can't get the album out of my head right now.  The first thing that comes to mind when I wake up in the morning are Reputation lyrics rip2  Is it better than 1989? Probably not, but it's still damn great and easily my favorite album of the year. 1989 was just TOO good of a pop album, so the follow up was gonna get criticized no matter what. 

What I'm loving most about Reputation are the darker lyrics, themes, and aesthetic. As a Gaga stan, I tend to enjoy "darker" and "edgier" eras. The Reputation aesthetic fits right in with my personality and I've never related to Taylor as much as I do now ny3

LOVE 

1. Ready For It

2. End Game

3. I Did Something Bad

4. Delicate

5. Don't Blame Me

6. Look What You Made Me Do

7. Call It What You Want 

8. Dancing With Our Hands Tied

9. Getaway Car

10. So It Goes

11. This Is Why We Cant Have Nice Things

12. Gorgeous (the chorus sucks, but the verses make it listenable)

13. New Years Day (the tonight show performance made me like it oprah1

DISLIKE

Dress

King of My Heart

eve1

I feel like the album will continue to grow on me and I'll eventually end up loving/liking every single song.  cry1 

I hated this album at first but it has grown on me so much in the past couple days!

My ranking:

1. Delicate

2. So It Goes...

3. Look What You Made Me Do

4. Dancing With Our Hands Tied

5. I Did Something Bad

6. Don't Blame Me

7. End Game

8. Call It What You Want

9. Getaway Car (I really loved it at first since it was just like a Bleachers song, but then I realized it was a bad attempt ny1 )

10. ...Ready For It?

11. New Year's Day

12. Gorgeous

13. This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

14. Dress

15. King of My Heart

In terms of albums: Red > 1989 > Reputation > Speak Now > Fearless > Taylor Swift

a definitive ranking of reputalent so it goes down in history 

1. delicate

2. this is why we can't have nice things

3. getaway car

4. I did something bad

5. don't blame me

6. call it what you want

7. new year's day

8. dancing with our hands tied

9. look what you made me do

10. end game

delete it fat tier:

11. dress

12. so it goes

13. ready for it

14. king of my heart

why does this exist tier

15. that other one

On 2/15/2018 at 9:44 AM, LeaHeartBroken said:

Where are the Instrumentals? cry5

She has a karaoke album for her other albums on streaming/iTunes so hopefully we get one for this too oprah4 wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t do it tho since they’re being lazy eve1 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.