Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

QUINN

Swish Swish Music Video

8 hours ago, QUINN said:

Whether it was intentional or not, Katy releasing the swish swish video on Teenage Dream's birthday is genius. This whole era has been riddled with comparisons to the TD era, comments about "how far Katy has fallen," and how she will never be able to live up to it. Katy has literally broken down for the whole world to see over not wanting to be compared to that version of herself anymore.

And then you have this video: full of self-deprecating humor and cheesy references that we can't help but compare to videos like Last Friday Night. And through it all, Katy is faced with this unbeatable team that she knows she can never live up to, but that doesn't stop her from trying, improvising, and coming out on top after taking a brief time out.

Team Sheep are her critics, her naysayers, and the impossible expectations that people place on her shoulders. Seemingly unstoppable, but can be beaten with the right team and a new perspective.

And on top of it all, she's letting everyone have a laugh at her expense, giving us a dose of Teenage Dream Katy, and still getting the last laugh in the end for being able to rise above it all and roll her eyes at how intentionally absurd it all is.

(yes I'm aware I'm extra as fuck I literally stan katy perry what do you expect from me)

ZxRzk.gif

That literally sums it up for me. The video was (intentionally) goofy af, and I honestly loved every bit of it (I SCREAMED at the shooting star meme). It was like we were right back in the TD era and if this had been released then, people would have ate it up and loved it. I'm glad she's unbothered by it all and is coming out on top, because the only person who can keep you down is yourself, and she isn't gonna let that happen.

my main problem with this video is that it doesnt fit the song. swish swish is about being a fierce and a QUEEN. I dont think the underdog theme works tbh. Idk, im just turned off by the storyline

1 hour ago, Gilly said:

my main problem with this video is that it doesnt fit the song. swish swish is about being a fierce and a QUEEN. I dont think the underdog theme works tbh. Idk, im just turned off by the storyline

Honestly this is me. Even though I do love the video, I was she had gone a "bad bitch" route.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.