Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kyoteki

Look What You Made Me Do - Flop or Bop?

8 minutes ago, CalixSpurius said:

I am sure it won't do bad considering it's Taylor but I feel like song is comparable to Perfect Illusion, both built on impact rather than a clear pop melody, both have simple & bland & repetitive choruses. 

I kind of felt that way too, in the sense that both tried a different type of sound that was very new to them and also not very commercial at the time, and they both fell short. 

She'll do well regardless, this is Taylor we're talking about and it's a much anticipated 1st single.

5 minutes ago, Kleth said:

but the "I'm sorry Taylor Swift can't come to the phone right now. Why? Because she's dead!" part is iconic

I think that's the worst part. Taylor Swift is a big superstar because she's the girl next door, relatable to common people. That line is so Madonna, so Gaga, like it feels like coming from a personality bigger than life which Taylor's image doesn't match.

She's not provocative, she's not Madonna showing middle finger to Pope , she's not Gaga screaming "Take Your Dicks Out Motherfuckers" at her show. This is the first time Taylor puts her personality into her song, that might prove to be harmful for her image, that's such an "Applause" line. 

3 minutes ago, CalixSpurius said:

I think that's the worst part. Taylor Swift is a big superstar because she's the girl next door, relatable to common people. That line is so Madonna, so Gaga, like it feels like coming from a personality bigger than life which Taylor's image doesn't match.

She's not provocative, she's not Madonna showing middle finger to Pope , she's not Gaga screaming "Take Your Dicks Out Motherfuckers" at her show. This is the first time Taylor puts her personality into her song, that might prove to be harmful for her image, that's such an "Applause" line. 

so she can't change? Also WANEGBT had a similar spoken word breakdown, just not as dark

Just now, RepuTAYtion said:

so she can't change? Also WANEGBT had a similar spoken word breakdown, just not as dark

WANEGBT's breakdown is so much different, it still tells a story, still relatable, still without a larger than life persona. Attention is on the experience, not on the person. 

She can change but it's always a risk. 

I like it except for the chorus. It's so bare... xtina2 

maybe it will grow with time but I'm not feeling that chorus at all.

p.s. I'm loving this back and forth with KP and TS.

Image result for michael popcorn gif

1 minute ago, Merryem said:

if you want to believe it wont hit #1 be my guest but in a week you'll be eating your words, again lmfao2

We'll see...I might...but this song doesn't feel like a hit that will click with the GP. 

8 minutes ago, Fatriah No1Care-y said:

We'll see...I might...but this song doesn't feel like a hit that will click with the GP. 

I stopped guessing whats a Billboard Hit. Cause its unpredictable 

i didn't even have to listen to this crap to know she would sing about been the victim, again d. it'll smash because everyone nowadays listens to crap music so i won't be surprised. i really hope despacito clocks this bitch from #1 

1 hour ago, CalixSpurius said:

You are probably right, but she is trying at least jj4, I just like her,  some songs here and there. I mean it's good but not that good, I thought if I listened it more I would like it but I feel nothing to be honest, I don't find it exciting, meh  jj4 I don't think the GP will like this.

ok i just listened to this crap and it's horrible. the production, her trying to be sexy, the chorus, her playing the victim again. i literally PUKED after listening to this song and i hope it tanks so hard 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.