Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Royale

'Honey' Turns 20!

Honey_Mariah_Carey_Single_2.png

One of Mariah Carey's most impactful singles in music celebrates it's 20th Anniversary! The song was released on August, 26th 1997.

Certified timeless classic. ✓

Became Mariah's 12th number one single on the Billboard Hot 100 & third single to debut atop of the Hot 100 and stayed there for three weeks. ✓

The single that made Mariah transition into an R&B sex symbol. 

The single that sent the "Pop/R&B singer with rap guest verse" formula mainstream - thanks to the remix. 

Classiest song about men's yoghurt. 

Iconic Music video & dance routine. 

legend1

This song sounds so fucking good, even today. I've said it before, but I think the combination of the two samples she uses is so genius. They just melt so well together and it sounds like silk. Not to mention her vocals just sound so freeing in this song. They way she just rolls through the lyrics is heaven.

1 minute ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

This song sounds so fucking good, even today. I've said it before, but I think the combination of the two samples she uses is so genius. They just melt so well together and it sounds like silk. Not to mention her vocals just sound so freeing in this song. They way she just rolls through the lyrics is heaven.

True! It still sounds so fresh. The metaphor, the vocals, the music video... She really did that with this song. oprah4

1 hour ago, Royale said:

True! It still sounds so fresh. The metaphor, the vocals, the music video... She really did that with this song. oprah4

I honestly don't really think about the metaphor creep1 I know it's pretty obvious, but like... idk.

Mariah just isn't a sexual person to me, so I just don't tend to connect the metaphor when I'm actually listening to it dead2

11 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I was shook when I found out it was a sample, she just has such a great year for music. 

OT: Snatched oprah4 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.