Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

marykateforpie

Time gap between Witness and KP5

Do you think Katy will wait the same amount of time between Prism and Witness (3 and a half years) to release KP5? If so, KP5 will be released in the Fall of 2020. brit10

Or do you think she will wait a shorter amount of time (2 years) and release sometime in 2019?

she needs to recover from the catastrophe that was this era first

after the WWW she needs to wipe herself from any platform and just shut the fuck up for 2 years and then come back with a sickening new look and single and attitude a la Taylucifer

As much as I love her, people just aren't here for her right now. I honestly think the best thing for her would be to just stop releasing singles (unless it's like one last mature song from the album), slay the tour, recalibrate and come back in2019. I think she overcooked the plans for this era a bit and people just aren't responding to it.

She is still relevant (unlike what some people think) because people are still checking for her stuff, they just don't like what they're hearing and the fake news around her made people hate her. She can easily recover after some time passes and if she comes back with a truly great song. I mean look at Taylor, everyone hated her guts for like a whole year and now she's smashing all the records. Katy can come back from this era too.

Chained To The Rhythm was a fabolous start and even though I love Bon Appetit and Swish Swish, I'm a bit pressed Witness got represented like this so far.

It is so different from her latest records, but songs like "Witness" or "Power" didn't get the chance to show the actual quality of her as a musician for the general public. I'm also a bit pissed her promo team didn't learn from PRISM's single choice' mistakes. And all this Taylor drama destroyed this era for now. I don't know. "Rise" would have been a better choice as an "official anthem against bullies".

37 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

Chained To The Rhythm was a fabolous start and even though I love Bon Appetit and Swish Swish, I'm a bit pressed Witness got represented like this so far.

It is so different from her latest records, but songs like "Witness" or "Power" didn't get the chance to show the actual quality of her as a musician for the general public. I'm also a bit pissed her promo team didn't learn from PRISM's single choice' mistakes. And all this Taylor drama destroyed this era for now. I don't know. "Rise" would have been a better choice as an "official anthem against bullies".

I still think there will be another single aretha1

1 minute ago, California boy said:

I still think there will be another single aretha1

you know that instead of Swish Swish (even though the performance was EYE-conic) imagine the debut of Hey Hey Hey live at the VMAs and having a safe, light-hearted, late summer bop with a twist of chained to the rhythm lyrics and then closing with mature Witness, Power or Pendulum dead2

3 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

you know that instead of Swish Swish (even though the performance was EYE-conic) imagine the debut of Hey Hey Hey live at the VMAs and having a safe, light-hearted, late summer bop with a twist of chained to the rhythm lyrics and then closing with mature Witness, Power or Pendulum dead2

Hey hey hey was allegedly planned to be part of the "hybrid" performance she planned, but it was cut at the last minute.

Just now, QUINN said:

Hey hey hey was allegedly planned to be part of the "hybrid" performance she planned, but it was cut at the last minute.

i was so confused because i was so sure there will be a medley performance or something like this. good/sad to know it got canceled cry5

1 hour ago, AGNTEA said:

I stan hard for Hey Hey Hey cry4

14 hours ago, AGNTEA said:

I think Power would be a good single choice next tbh. If she chose to respond to Taylor's track (not suggesting she should but if she were to) I think Power would be most appropriate tbh, but also that is is fire and doesnt deserve the treatment it got lol

18 hours ago, dark horse said:

kp5 will be out late 2019. she said she was gonna be writing on tour (which shes never done before so im not sure why she decided to do it this time other than she didnt want to make the same mistake) 

It's likely because she isn't going to have a significant amount of time off anytime soon, and she knows that she doesn't want a big gap between albums next time. since she is filling 2018 with American idol and tour, she is switching things up and using her down time during tour for writing.

On 8/28/2017 at 3:45 PM, Russian Roulette said:

she needs to make a comeback next year before she gets too old, no shade just stating facts, the only successful female artist in her mid 30's atm is Beyonce

"Too old" She's only 32. She can't release an album next year considering she's tour most of the year and doing american idol. An album will probably be coming in late 2019.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.