Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

secret

were you disappointed by LWYMMD

Were you disappointed by LWYMMD?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes
    • Nope

before I get downvoted to hell I just wanna say

I love Taylor and  I stan her

but imo LWYMMD is a big downgrade from 1989 and Red which were my favorite albums when they were released 

look what you made me do sounds like a song from a cheap horror movies soundtrack

which is shocking considering she came out with amazing bops like shake it off, blank space, I knew you were trouble etc

the mv was flawless tho and Taylor slayed it 

Look-What-You-Made-Me-Do-taylor-swift-40

I hope the rest of reputation is much betteroprah2ohno1

were you ppl disappointed in it too?

feel free to disagreecry9

50 minutes ago, The Ones That Entertain said:

Yes, but I'm not super worried about Reputation since she seems to release her weakest song as the lead single.

not when its S H A T T E R I N G records jj4 

Yes and no? I'm not sure how I feel about the song and it's really bugging me. Sometimes I love it and think it punches hard and then other times it sounds completely monotone. The video made me like the song more. I'm not worried though because her last two leads were weaker than the rest of the album and also sounded very different. 

In the beginning I was kinda dissapointed and I expected alot more. But I have to say it has grown on me. Its SO catchy! She is such a creative artist and she has shown it with her music video. Maybe some people are dissapointed because her lyrics aren't that creative but the music video sire as heck is. She is a genius and I can't wait to see what's next! Happy she is back

And its definetly her best music video, its iconic!

23 hours ago, RepuTAYtion said:

No.  Beats Shake It Off (song and video) by miles imo wendy1

Also her lead singles are always her fluffiest, worst songs on the album generally, so if this song is this good already I have high hopes for the rest of reputation kylie2 

shake it off is a timeless bop thojj2 ( so is all of 1989)

imo I prefer shake it off over LYWMMD

Yes.  And it's sad because I was really ready for a new Taylor album.  I don't like her as a person at all BUT 1989 made me listen anyway and had me perched for a good female pop girl album and this, so far, is just not what I came for.  I know her leads are normally weak, but both new songs I've heard are very sub-par when it comes to Taylor's abilities.  Her voice had gotten so strong too and now it's all these rap-snarl inflections that feel try-hard and like a waste.  

Part of the problem I think is that this spring I finally listened to more of her older stuff, and 1989 isn't the only amazing album she's made.  Red, for instance, has some of the best songwriting by a pop girl I've heard in years (sans the Martin tracks but whatevs).  Amazing album.  1989 was album to update her sound and still keep that songwriting game on poinT.  But this new stuff is, let's face it, beneath her.  I'm not denying it's a bop or that it's catchy, but she's capable of so much more.  

I'm not.

Reason why I like it the majority of the songs are so over produced now adays. It was VERY refreshing to hear something that doesn't have a huge production and is more simplistic and a newer sound. Less is def more in this circumstance. I also like how she is pretty much saying fuck you in this song and she is giving attitude that I love. I can understand when people say lyrically this is a step back for her. But she is trying new things and new sounds which for me, its def working out in her favor!

P.S. There is a reason why is beat a ton of records!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.