Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Bad Girl

Underrated songs from her worst albums?

Which songs do you consider the most underrated songs from her worst albums? I'll let people decide which albums are her worst ones, since that's objective. I also probably have never listened to her worst albums in full, because well, people often talk badly about it and it takes time to listen to full albums and when people agree it's her worst albums, I think it's a waste of my time to listen her worst album. Anyway, I think She's Not Me from Hard Candy is a nice song and Turn Up the Radio from MDNA are great and underrated songs. I also like Beat Goes On on Hard Candy but I don't like Kanye West being featured on the song.

4 minutes ago, Devil Pray said:

X-Static Process and Pray for Spanish Eyes

But American Life and Like A Prayer aren't her worst albums? American Life, Hollywood, Love Profusion and Die Another Day are great songs on American Life and Like A Prayer has the title track, Express Yourself, Till Death Do Us Part, Promise To Try, Cherish, Dear Jessie, Oh Father and Pray for Spanish Eyes.

5 minutes ago, Devil Pray said:

Btw Bad Girl, welcome to the site.

Thank you!

33 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

GANG BANG oprah13 

32 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

MDNA is regarded as her worst but it has Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, I'm a Sinner, Masterpiece and Falling Free. oprah13 

I don't think IA, GB and FF are underrated, since all fans agree they are some of the best songs on the album.

Masterpiece is definitely overrated. Such a crappy song. jj3 

Dance 2night on HC. It is such a cool and sophisticated modern pop song with retro vibes. jj2 

GMAYL and I Don't Give A  on MDNA. I think IDGA is hated by many fans only here on FOTP. eve1 Many people hate GMAYL, but the same people stan much cheaper and basic crap, so...

Love Don't Live Here Anymore and Over and Over on Like A Virgin. 

So in my personal opinion, my least favorites of hers are Like A Virgin and Confessions On A Dancefloor - which is basically a death wish to admit that, but so be it.

And for me...

Underrated songs from COADF: Let It Will Be and How High (I rarely hear people talk about these two songs but I love them)

Underrated songs from LAV: Pretender and Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Hard Candy, MDNA and Rebel Heart are her unholy trinity. There is some good material on each album that fans mostly agree on, so there is no reason to list those here.

On Hard Candy, Candy Shop and Spanish Lesson are usually trashed while Dance 2Night is just forgotten about. MDNA as a whole is underappreciated and probably my favourite from the three latest Madonna records... while still bad, it has the bops. Rebel Heart is just... bad. I actually consider this her worst rather than a 'come back'. The album has no direction, the track list is overwrought and the songs are overproduced to the point of being ruined. The album was finished months in advance and she didn't take the time to properly master the songs or fix the awful vocal effects. It seems like she started off well but the execution is horrible. Definitely her worst roll out too.

3 hours ago, Aidan. said:

GHOSTTOWN oprah13

SHE'S NOT ME oprah13

GIVE IT 2 ME oprah13

I honestly don't know like any of MDNA jay1 Except Girl Gone Wild which is a bop so jay1 

Ghosttown is not really underrated. nor is it overrated jay1 

9 hours ago, Bad Girl said:

But American Life and Like A Prayer aren't her worst albums? American Life, Hollywood, Love Profusion and Die Another Day are great songs on American Life and Like A Prayer has the title track, Express Yourself, Till Death Do Us Part, Promise To Try, Cherish, Dear Jessie, Oh Father and Pray for Spanish Eyes.

I didn't paid enough attention to the title I guess eve1 

I'm a Sinner, I Don't Give A & Beautiful Killer cry7

Her worst albums are:

MDNA

Like a Virgin

Erotica

& Hard Candy

The most underrated songs from those albums:

Girl Gone Wild, Falling Free & Best Friend

Angel, Over and Over & LDLHA (which all would have been singles had Geffen records not pushed the songs released under their label and had ITG stayed a b-side)

Bad Girl, Fever, Secret Garden

Heartbeat, Beat Goes On, She's Not Me & Devil (since the whole album is underrated)

On 12.9.2017 at 2:21 AM, Pandora said:

MDNA had some of her best/most fun songs period. 

Gang Bang, I'm A Sinner, I'm Addicted, Beautiful Killer, Best Friend to name a few...

Shame it also has the Jimmy Jimmy level duds.

Not when it's literally the worst Beautiful Stranger remake. Amazing is better and gets so much shit, yet I'm a Sinner is terrible and cheesy and gets all the love.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.