Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jony

This is the iPhone X

HX5jKXp.png

The long-awaited and extensively leaked special edition iPhone is finally upon us, and it’s called the iPhone X. This new super flagship phone from Apple features an edge-to-edge screen with a notch at the top to accommodate the front-facing camera and new Face ID sensors. Apple CEO Tim Cook teased the introduction of the the new device with the following words:

“Over the past decade, we've pushed forward with innovation after innovation, bringing us to this moment, when we can create devices that are far more intelligent, far more capable, and far more creative than ever before.”

The iPhone X has glass on both the front and the back, and it has “surgical-grade” stainless around the sides. It comes in two colors: space gray and silver. It also has the highest pixel-density (458ppi) display ever in an iPhone, with Apple calling it a Super Retina display. It measures 5.8 inches in diagonal size and has a resolution of 2436 x 1125. It’s also the first OLED display that is, in Phil Schiller’s words, “the first OLED display great enough to be in an iPhone.” Like the iPhone 8, the iPhone X also has True Tone display technology.

M5y0t0C.jpg

Apple has omitted the home button for the first time, replacing it with an upward swipe from the bottom of the phone. Along with the home button, which used to house the Touch ID fingerprint sensor, Apple is also moving away from fingerprint authentication. The new method is called Face ID and does what the name suggests: it unlocks the phone just by having you look at it. It’s based on the tech in the notch at the top of the phone: it combines an IR system with the front camera and a so-called flood illuminator that beams a light at your face to help it be recognized even in the dark. Apple even went to the extra step of building a dedicated neural engine — based on a dual-core custom chip design — to process face recognition in real time.

Face ID, according to Apple, is orders of magnitude more secure than Touch ID. The company claims a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of a random other person being able to look at your phone and unlock it through Face ID. The new facial authentication will also work will Apple Pay and all third-party apps that already supported Touch ID.

The iPhone X has dual 12-megapixel rear cameras, and it’s equipped with dual optical image stabilization. The sensors are both larger and faster, according to Apple, and the main camera has an f/1.8 aperture while the telephoto lens has an f/2.4 aperture. In between the two cameras is a quad-LED True Tone flash with a supposedly twice the uniformity of light.

The A11 processor that was introduced with the iPhone 8 earlier in the event is, of course, present inside the iPhone X. It has two performance cores, four high-efficiency cores, and the first Apple-designed GPU. Apple has now announced a wireless charging pad to unify the wireless charging of all its mobile devices and calls the overall system AirPower.

Gs37qxq.jpg

Also on the wireless front, the iPhone X supports LTE Advanced and the incoming Bluetooth 5.0 standard. There are still no real gadgets or accessories that you can use with a Bluetooth 5 phone, but the more phones there are, the more impetus there will be for compatible peripherals.

The iPhone X is priced from $999 with 64GB of storage and there’s an upgraded option with 256GB of storage. Preorders open on October 27th, shipping begins November 3rd.

The Verge

apple-iphone-2017-20170912-12024.JPG

apple-iphone-2017-20170912-11675.JPG

apple-iphone-2017-20170912-11726.JPG

apple-iphone-2017-20170912-11784.JPG

apple-iphone-2017-20170912-12127.JPG

It looks great, but no home button and the top looks a little it weird. It's also a very expensive phone so I'll keep my iPhone SE. Have they already spoken about the camera? I am very excited to hear about the front and back camera quality.

I like the design except not having the home button. 

I don't really care about the features, there is no difference between iPhone 5 and this for me, it's not like I will make my faces into weird emoji shapes just to make "animoji" mad3

I'll probably buy it around christmas since my 6s' screen is shattered. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.