Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hunty Bear

Worse editing fuck-up?

More egregious editing fail?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. More egregious editing fail?

• Freak
    • White Mustang

both videos highly likely recycled footage from other (scrapped) video shoots and it really shows jj4 Freak's music video used recycled footage from the original Ultraviolence (title track) video shoot, and White Mustang's music video most likely used footage from the scrapped BAR video noway1 

which editing fail is more egregious?

6jXP15f.jpg

this is lowkey a hella hard decision dead2 at least the footage used in WM's music video came from the same era as it? the Freak video reeks of Ultraviolence's aesthetic, on the other hand jj4 .... I think Freak's video is cooler and prettier but it was probably more of a fuck-up overall, though WM did have its fair share of awkward moments (i.e. the rocket scene with the Get Free snippet, the awkward dancing in the middle of the road between Lana and Chewbacca, the fact that it literally didn't even match WM in terms of timing, etc. ) dead1 

4 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

this is lowkey a hella hard decision dead2 at least the footage used in WM's music video came from the same era as it? the Freak video reeks of Ultraviolence's aesthetic, on the other hand jj4 .... I think Freak's video is cooler and prettier but it was probably more of a fuck-up overall, though WM did have its fair share of awkward moments (i.e. the rocket scene with the Get Free snippet, the awkward dancing in the middle of the road between Lana and Chewbacca, the fact that it literally didn't even match WM in terms of timing, etc. ) dead1 

actually idk anymore, because at least Freak had cool/smooth transitions

6jXP15f.jpg

this is truly the question of the year

1 minute ago, Jake said:

White Mustang, because the whole the damn video was filmed for BAR/Architecture jj4 ..

well I mean ... let's not act like she didn't recycle 100% of the footage for Freak from the UV era (aka a totally different era with a totally different aesthetic) ...  jj4 she literally wasted multiple potentially viable music videos on Freak if you take the outro into consideration

2 minutes ago, #VaccinesMakeKidsAutistic said:

It's so obvious that WM video was meant to be for BAR it hurts chi1 

THE FACT THAT SHE LITERALLY POSTED THOSE BTS PEEKS ON INSTAGRAM rip4 omg it's so egregious, she literally was singing BAR and then she literally was just like "just kidding! let's switch to the {other} song that we wanted!"

Just now, Infrared said:

well I don't come to lana for music videos, so brit2

you don't have to, but it's still tragic sorry1 

1 minute ago, Hunty Bear said:

THE FACT THAT SHE LITERALLY POSTED THOSE BTS PEEKS ON INSTAGRAM rip4 omg it's so egregious, she literally was singing BAR and then she literally was just like "just kidding! let's switch to the {other} song that we wanted!"

I think it was a director who actually said "you can sing THAT song if you want" or something like this rip4

Queen of recycling rip4

Freak because it's a lot more involved than WM, WM is just cute and clearly belongs with BAR but it wouldn't have been anything crazy if she released it as BAR either (just a good music video unlike what it is now) Freak straight up stole the plot that belonged to the UV video, the aesthetic, what could have been one of her best videos and a highlight of the UV era, and made it her worst music video... IN ANOTHER ERA. jj4 and she had the nerve to hype it up for weeks was it? and throw an event for it jj4 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.