Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

Gaga cancels Rock in Rio performance due to health

I'm not a Gaga fan and I wish and hope she get better really quick, but I have to say how Gaga, her team and the Rock In Rio staff was so unprofessional right now. I have tons of friends that travelled more than 12 hours just to see her show, they arrived in Rio today so they could set everything up. They are so upset and as though as they understand why the show was cancelled, they can't understand why they took so long to announce it. If she wasn't feeling good, they should have tell it before, not a day before the concert. Even though the event will give the money back, it won't compensate the expenses people had with hotels and travelling.

26 minutes ago, Archie said:

I have to say how Gaga, her team and the Rock In Rio staff was so unprofessional right now. I have tons of friends that travelled more than 12 hours just to see her show, they arrived in Rio today so they could set everything up. They are so upset and as though as they understand why the show was cancelled, they can't understand why they took so long to announce it. If she wasn't feeling good, they should have tell it before, not a day before the concert. Even though the event will give the money back, it won't compensate the expenses people had with hotels and travelling.

I thought about this as well - I don't know how long she has been suffering from her pain, I don't know if it just started today or something but I was sad for the people going to the concert in Rio. Because I knew that when more than 120 thousand people show up, it's definitely not just people from Rio, it's people from other places as well. But I agree that cancelling the performance just one day before it happened is very unprofessional. Right now, I am concerned about my date as well. I know that they will refund my ticket costs, but I still have to pay thirty euro for a bus trip or fifty euro for gas money, I already paid like eighty euro for my ticket. If I would come to the performance and she decided to cancel it just a few hours before the performance happens, I'd be very upset. I also heard stories from people going to her performance next week in Barcelona and having to travel like six hunderd kilometres to the venue.. so I hope she won't cancel that performance for them as well.

2 minutes ago, Bad Girl said:

I thought about this as well - I don't know how long she has been suffering from her pain, I don't know if it just started today or something but I was sad for the people going to the concert in Rio. Because I knew that when more than 120 thousand people show up, it's definitely not just people from Rio, it's people from other places as well. But I agree that cancelling the performance just one day before it happened is very unprofessional. Right now, I am concerned about my date as well. I know that they will refund my ticket costs, but I still have to pay thirty euro for a bus trip or fifty euro for gas money, I already paid like eighty euro for my ticket. If I would come to the performance and she decided to cancel it just a few hours before the performance happens, I'd be very upset. I also heard stories from people going to her performance next week in Barcelona and having to travel like six hunderd kilometres to the venue.. so I hope she won't cancel that performance for them as well.

I'm sure the pain didn't start today, since the Rock In Rio producers had time to negotiate another band to replace Gaga.

Well, all I can tell you right now is to get ready to get your money back, apparently she's cancelling the tour as well.

1 minute ago, Archie said:

I'm sure the pain didn't start today

Considering she just went to the hospital today, I disagree. Fibromyalgia can flare up quickly and unexpectedly. It’s not a slow progression, most times it’s fast and heavy. 

4 minutes ago, SWINΞ said:

Considering she just went to the hospital today, I disagree. Fibromyalgia can flare up quickly and unexpectedly. It’s not a slow progression, most times it’s fast and heavy. 

How long will the pain last from her fibromyalgia? Do you know that, or is it random?

I don't understand how can you possibly be mad at her, since it's not really fault that she's got Fibromyalgia

I did travel all the way from South Brazil to Rio only so I could attend the now cancelled show, but I know her well being comes first

Wishing a speedy recovery to Gaga and a safe trip back home to all the fans that came to Rio 💜

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I'm sure the pain didn't start today, since the Rock In Rio producers had time to negotiate another band to replace Gaga.

Well, all I can tell you right now is to get ready to get your money back, apparently she's cancelling the tour as well.

They didn't get a new band tho? Maroon 5 just has two slots now. Or at least that's what I was told.

17 hours ago, Bad Girl said:

How long will the pain last from her fibromyalgia? Do you know that, or is it random?

Nothing about "fibromyalgia"' physical aspect is known pretty much. 

It's "diagnosed" by crossing out other possibilities that might cause widespread chronic pain throughout body because neither cause nor progress of fibromyalgia isn't known hence there is no diagnostic test for it. (Basically doctors say it's fibromyalgia if they can't find any other reason for the pain)

Its "treatment" is also not an actual cure but bringing remission to the symptoms (not knowing cause = not being able to cure it). 

The truth is that fibromyalgia is most likely a psychosomatic disorder because there is no cause to it, and it can manifest itself in million different ways in different people to be considered one specific physical condition. 

20 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

They didn't get a new band tho? Maroon 5 just has two slots now. Or at least that's what I was told.

Indeed, Maroon 5 is doing two dates now. What gets me in doubt, though, is about the negotiation with Maroon 5 for that second date, since it would have to take more than a day for it. It is not as simple as "Oh, Gaga won't make it, can you replace her?", this is something that takes a little longer than a day. That's what makes me think they knew she wouldn't do it but left it unsaid until yesterday, making some people angry about it.

On 9/15/2017 at 7:55 AM, Edu said:

I don't understand how can you possibly be mad at her, since it's not really fault that she's got Fibromyalgia

I did travel all the way from South Brazil to Rio only so I could attend the now cancelled show, but I know her well being comes first

Wishing a speedy recovery to Gaga and a safe trip back home to all the fans that came to Rio 💜

We need more like you clap3 

9 hours ago, Archie said:

Indeed, Maroon 5 is doing two dates now. What gets me in doubt, though, is about the negotiation with Maroon 5 for that second date, since it would have to take more than a day for it. It is not as simple as "Oh, Gaga won't make it, can you replace her?", this is something that takes a little longer than a day. That's what makes me think they knew she wouldn't do it but left it unsaid until yesterday, making some people angry about it.

Rock in Rio is a pretty big deal, and it has been going on for years - I can almost guarantee you that they have a backup plan for their headliners in advance every year, this year being that Maroon 5 will cover both dates. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.