Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

PoisonCandy

Punk band on Lemonade vinyl instead of Bey

This month saw the official vinyl release of Lemonade, Beyoncé’s massive 2016 album. Some of those who received their orders, however, may have been taken aback when they dropped the needle on Side A of the lemon-yellow vinyl record. According to a Facebook post from Canadian punk band Zex, the A-Side of their recent album Uphill Battle appears on the opening side of Lemonade.

A representative for Magic Bullet Records, which released Uphill Battle, confirmed the legitimacy of the mispressed LP. Columbia Records sent Pitchfork the following statement:

Due to human error at the Celebrate Records plant in Germany, which Sony uses to manufacture vinyl, a small amount of the European run of the Beyoncé Lemonade vinyl included music from Canadian punk band, ZEX, on Side A. Beyoncé and ZEX were not aware of or responsible for the mispress. Fans who purchased the vinyl will be refunded and given a replacement copy. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Source

rip4

Is this an individual case or...?

did anyone have the same thing happening to them beside the ones in the OP?

because this looks like a cheap promo when you attach your shit to something that is very popular in hopes it get noticed.

RNyHMf1.gif

7 minutes ago, Beaux said:

Is this an individual case or...?

did anyone have the same thing happening to them beside the ones in the OP?

because this looks like a cheap promo when you attach your shit to something that is very popular in hopes it get noticed.

RNyHMf1.gif

Didn't think of that. It's definitely possible interesting1 I just searched "lemonade vinyl" on Twitter as I wanted to see some pics of it and found these tweets. If it is real it must be pretty limited, otherwise I think a lot more people would be talking about it.

6 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

Didn't think of that. It's definitely possible interesting1 I just searched "lemonade vinyl" on Twitter as I wanted to see some pics of it and found these tweets. If it is real it must be pretty limited, otherwise I think a lot more people would be talking about it.

I don't think it is real, this is promo in 2017 101, that's why it is a video with an audio, so you can listen to their music, if it was a real case, only a pic would have done the job. she could have mentioned whoever sold her that vinyl and asked for a refund or sth.

" i like the punk rock on side A". the desperation. oh please. just stop it y'all.

RNyHMf1.gif

she tried it with this shameless ad plug.

19 hours ago, Jony said:

Lights! Somebody’s getting fired!

oh and yes it’s legit https://www.discogs.com/Beyoncé-Lemonade/release/10869960

I’d love to have one, I imagine their resale value will be insane pretty soon

15 hours ago, Jony said:

Nnn Pitchfork and NME are reporting it too

8 hours ago, PoisonCandy said:

@Beaux It's definitely real now sis giveup2 

Someone on atrl was saying this happened with Born To Die too.

So it is real then, OMG what is happening to the world?

RNyHMf1.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.