Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

Jedediah Bila Exits "The View"

gretchen_carlson_discusses_sexual_harass

Out of the blue, The View co-host Jedediah Bila announced on Monday's show that she's leaving the program she joined last year to serve as a conservative voice. Bila did not give a specific reason for her departure, and a network spokesperson did not provide one either.

"This has been just an amazing journey, and I appreciate all of you," Bila said to her follow co-hosts.

Bila, a former Fox News contributor, mentioned that she's been working "insanely" hard on a book for HarperCollins that comes out next year, suggesting that might have contributed to her decision to leave.

"I have a lot of opportunities to consider now and figure out, piled up to here, and I will be spending a little bit of time doing that," she said. "But you should stay tuned, because there's some good stuff on the way. I just have to map it out a little bit."

A network source said that ABC has a shortlist of potential candidates to replace Bila and serve as a conservative counterpoint, and Meghan McCain, who recently left her contributor role at Fox News, is reportedly in talks to join the show.

"It's important to have conservative voices so i expect that they would fill this seat quickly," the source said. Conservative Candace Cameron left the show in December 2016.

Bila has not discussed her departure on Twitter yet, and she did not respond to an email sent to her personal account.

The Hollywood Reporter

It makes me kind of sad that she's leaving. Although I disagreed with her on many issues, she offered a different perspective on all the issues, which is very important. Hopefully they find a good replacement for her bey3

1 minute ago, Dan said:

It makes me kind of sad that she's leaving. Although I disagreed with her on many issues, she offered a different perspective on all the issues, which is very important. Hopefully they find a good replacement for her bey3

Exactly. And, unlike the previous "conservative" moderator, I could stand listening to her speak. And it seemed like they all genuinely cared for each other. I'm more The Talk than The View, but every once in a while I'll check-in if there's someone I like appearing, etc. Plus, I liked the idea of them rotating co-hosts for each episode, like Loose Women does. I thought it worked for them.

Damnit. I really liked the weekday line-up that they had going. Jedidiah was probably the best "conservative" voice the show has ever had. She's said some things I fundamentally disagree with, but I enjoyed her presence at the table. I definitely liked her much more than Paula.

I guess since she's getting married soon & she's working on a book, I can see why she might want to leave television at this time. Still, its unfortunate.

8 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Exactly. And, unlike the previous "conservative" moderator, I could stand listening to her speak. And it seemed like they all genuinely cared for each other. I'm more The Talk than The View, but every once in a while I'll check-in if there's someone I like appearing, etc. Plus, I liked the idea of them rotating co-hosts for each episode, like Loose Women does. I thought it worked for them.

Check out The Real sis 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.