Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

NOVAAYEARZ

Best concept Album

3 minutes ago, YoungForever said:

BEYONCÉ is a concept album though. Just as much as Lemonade. But more pleasant musically.

The concept of the entire project is womamhood. 

She talks about love, marriage, sex, motherhood. 

The only thing that makes Lemonade more of a concept album are the spoken poems between each segment and the cohesiveness in visuals. Beyoncé had no concept. It was just a visual album with a few bops and a few ballads. Overall, it wasn't very concept-heavy. Just an album with visuals for every song that were loosely tied together.

The thing with Beyoncé's albums is...we known she don't write shit and is just collecting rejects or hiring writing camps. #siaexposes

I would hardly consider an album made up of songs written by multiple other artists for entirely different projects a "concept" album. 

16 minutes ago, #VaccinesMakeKidsAutistic said:

Yes and that's the only thing about IASF as a concept jay1 First half shows her fragile side and second is full of "bops" where she's revealing her attention seeking alter-ego jay1

Man this album is called Control for a reason jay1

Please explain because there really is no obvious concept visible to me. jay1 

37 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

people are just listing random albums by their faves instead of actual concept albums dead2

20 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

idek what concept albums are anymore

we are confusion

Electra Heart? Or I mean its an interesting concept and with each video made from the era it tells a story throughout with the " archetypes" wendy3

Though some of stuff from the era weren't executed as planned I still love the ideas and concepts wendy3

Lemonade gives bad messages to children and women everywhere, stop glorifying being a stupid doormat to your husband who's out shagging better looking people than yourself and your dumb ass is popping kids out for him and looking after them while he's out doing people, you're not a feminist you're a weak little bitch

54 minutes ago, THEM said:

Please explain because there really is no obvious concept visible to me. jay1 

I'm lazy

The album was also inspired by SZA’s view of control in her life. “Ctrl is a concept,” she said. “I’ve lacked control my whole life and I think I’ve craved it my whole life. I couldn’t really arrive at it and now, I’m not really looking to arrive at it anymore. I’m just happy to be present. It’s weird. If you try to control a future moment, it’s impossible. There’s no such thing as control anyway. It’s just a concept, a word, a fantasy. But if you focus on the way you feel in the now and what you do with the now, I feel like it leads to having true control in the future.”

Her interview on Sway was way better btw jay1

It's basically a concept album about concept of control jay1 jay1 controlception jay1

Also, In The Zone by Britney is definitely a concept album. 

Especially when you put it in context and where it comes from.

In The Zone is all about womanhood and Britney becoming a grown up womam and stepping into it. That's "the zone".

This is no longer the Britney that used controversies to grab attention (sexy school outfit, red catsuit, racy dance moves of Slave) like her previous albums, this is a mature and confident Britney.

Take the opening tracks. SFU and MATM are thematically similar. But Slave is a teen Britney trying to break out, MATM is a confident Britney coming to destroy the dancefloor. 

Overprotected is Britney telling the media to let her alone, Outrageus is Britney poking fun at it.

And Everytime sees Britney as a grown woman ready to take responsability for her mistakes and apologize. 

The album has a very good flow and if you pay attention to it, the actions happen chronologically:

1.MATM - she arrives at the club and is ready to have a great time

2.BB - the flirting process, she meets the guy

3.Showdown - they get together, striptease, the foreplay

4. BOM - the act of sex itself, this is the first time Britney sings about sex

5. EM - it's morning now, it was so good she wants to "do it again, let's do it again"

6. Toxic - She's crushing on the guy. She's addicted to him

7. Outrageous - media is there as usual witnessing it and making a big deal out of it

8. TOMH - They don't get together so she's not afraid to pleasure her sex drive by herself

9. THU - she realizes it was a probably a one time thing and she's not really okay with it

10. Shadow - heartbreak. Although a woman, she's still vurnerable and she realizes things won't work out with the guy

11. BNG - she's strong enough to get over it, move on and enjoy life again

12. She's mature enough to admit there's two sides of every sorry and takes responsability for her part too

Musically, the album is very cohesive too. It's all dance pop woth strong electro influences. But at the same time, it's not repetitive and boring, each track is interesting and unique, there's no bad songs on the album.

One of the best pop records of all time! 

45 minutes ago, YoungForever said:

In The Zone is all about womanhood and Britney becoming a grown up womam and stepping into it. That's "the zone".

This is no longer the Britney that used controversies to grab attention (sexy school outfit, red catsuit, racy dance moves of Slave) like her previous albums, this is a mature and confident Britney.

Take the opening tracks. SFU and MATM are thematically similar. But Slave is a teen Britney trying to break out, MATM is a confident Britney coming to destroy the dancefloor. 

Overprotected is Britney telling the media to let her alone, Outrageus is Britney poking fun at it.

And Everytime sees Britney as a grown woman ready to take responsability for her mistakes and apologize. 

The album has a very good flow and if you pay attention to it, the actions happen chronologically:

5. EM - it's morning now, it was so good she wants to "do it again, let's do it again"

7. Outrageous - media is there as usual witnessing it and making a big deal out of it

8. TOMH - They don't get together so she's not afraid to pleasure her sex drive by herself

9. THU - she realizes it was a probably a one time thing and she's not really okay with it

10. Shadow - heartbreak. Although a woman, she's still vurnerable and she realizes things won't work out with the guy

12. She's mature enough to admit there's two sides of every sorry and takes responsability for her part too

Musically, the album is very cohesive too. It's all dance pop woth strong electro influences. But at the same time, it's not repetitive and boring, each track is interesting and unique, there's no bad songs on the album.

That is NOT what defines a concept album, sis.

A concept album is supposed to have ONE consistent concept throughout the entire album. Every album has somewhat of a theme but a concept album is different.

See:

Back to Basics (A jazz album with side A merging pop and jazz and side B being a classical jazz album)

I'm Breathless (Original songs inspired by the movie Dick Tracy sung by Madonna as "Breathless Mahoney" from Dick Tracy)

The Score (An album produced by the group Fugees. Described as an "audio film" by the group members.)

Purple Rain (an album by Prince as the character of the movie he produced)

Lady Wood (Part 1 & 2) (album by Tove Lo. Each part is split into two chapters that follow ONE concept and have an accompanying short film that is supposed to visualize the concept that is carried out in the songs.)

55 minutes ago, YoungForever said:

ITZ is not a concept album rip3

6 hours ago, Angelus said:

Oh i agree moo1 i listened unmixed version once and i was like trash1 

But damn, those 2 videos always bring whole era down for me. 

6 hours ago, Kyoteki said:

Get Together is a fucking horrible video which is a shame cause it's my favorite song from that album next to Isaac.

I think the Confessions Tour more than made up for the sins of those videos.

2 hours ago, YoungForever said:

it def is not but the explanation is cute jj2 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.