Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

secret

I miss 2000s-2013

Just now, Swish said:

Yea

feel this moment was such a  bop thx to xtina

and get started with shakira  yeah i agree he was annoying as fuck but had good hits while dj another one is annoying and generic asfuck 

I think you guys are a bit delusional when you say things like "artists had talent back then" or something. 

Today's music is soooo much better and much more egalitarian too. 

Acts don't have to "please" the label executives to have their music heard. Pop music is going down because electronic music genres are revolutionizing, talented producers don't have to sell their soul to the generic beats of pop to make it through anymore. 

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

I see what you mean. Hitless was a shitty album and nicki minaj has only been on shitty songs this year 

True tbh 

i only like the singles + witness 

but nicki has been on a couple of bops this year 

* cough * rake it up , swish swish , you already know , swalla * cough * 

36 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

2010 was THE year for pop music cry6 

I was about to write the exact same thing!

I just miss the 2008-2013 EDM pop music era. The time when Katy, Gaga, Kesha all hit the spotlight simultaneously. I can't stand the current male dominated industry, plus lots of useless remixes and annoying rappers jj4

3 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

I was about to write the exact same thing!

I just miss the 2008-2013 EDM pop music era. The time when Katy, Gaga, Kesha all hit the spotlight simultaneously. I can't stand the current male dominated industry, plus lots of useless remixes and annoying rappers jj4

Preachclap3

It'll come back soon enough. Pop music swings one way, and then back the other soon enough. Look at the early 90s - you had all the 'meaningful' songs, then the late 90s had the resurgence of teen pop. It'll move away from realism and move towards positive escapism, just wait.

5 minutes ago, Kenya said:

Is it a coincidence that Teenage Dream was released that same year? I think not 

um brit10 

Animal

Stronger

Speak Now

The Fame Monster

Can't Be Tamed

A Year Without Rain

etc 

But 2017 is sooo good for us. Mostly ALL of our faves released albums which features some of their best materials.

Thing is, these masterpieces won't get the no1 spot anymore. Kesha just released her best album she has ever done. Witness is Katys 2nd best album, Joanne had actually a lot of potential and has good jams on it, Lust For Life is good, I heard Lordes latest record was also well received, Jessie J just released "Think About That" which is brilliant, JUST like Love So Soft by Kelly Clarkson which is her best lead single ever.

I'm sorry but I can't complain. Maybe the only thing I can complain about is, that those songs don't get the success like they would in 2010-2013

21 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

But 2017 is sooo good for us. Mostly ALL of our faves released albums which features some of their best materials.

Thing is, these masterpieces won't get the no1 spot anymore. Kesha just released her best album she has ever done. Witness is Katys 2nd best album, Joanne had actually a lot of potential and has good jams on it, Lust For Life is good, I heard Lordes latest record was also well received, Jessie J just released "Think About That" which is brilliant, JUST like Love So Soft by Kelly Clarkson which is her best lead single ever.

I'm sorry but I can't complain. Maybe the only thing I can complain about is, that those songs don't get the success like they would in 2010-2013

True. Today, we have to deal with things like rockstar, Despacito and Wild Thoughts. A tragedy cry5

1 hour ago, trashmagic said:

It'll come back soon enough. Pop music swings one way, and then back the other soon enough. Look at the early 90s - you had all the 'meaningful' songs, then the late 90s had the resurgence of teen pop. It'll move away from realism and move towards positive escapism, just wait.

Hm, I don't really see it to be honest. 

We live in different times nowadays. 

I blame it mostly on the internet. Nothing is memorable and an event anymore because everything just comes and goes so fast.

Pop Culture is dead. It died with Michael Jackson in 2009. 

You had the last wave of superstars like Katy RiRi and Gaga but even they weren't as big. People didn't anticipate performances and music videos like the 80s, 90s and early 00s. 

You have some moments here and there that will be remembered over the years like Beyoncé's ST release but other than that, everything is just so forgetabble. I can't really think of a song past 2012 that will be remembered over the years like Thriller, Vogue and Toxic. 

It's just the world we live in right now. It doesn't work like that anymore. 

28 minutes ago, YoungForever said:

I blame it mostly on the internet. Nothing is memorable and an event anymore because everything just comes and goes so fast.

Exactly like there's nothing iconic anymoresob1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.