Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

Are your faves taught in schools?

I checked a book about music education for  elementary schools and there was an article about  popular music artists.

Guess which artists were mentioned?

Vocal sirens like Moo Who and Crackney? No. eve1 

Some of the latest pop sensations like Fadga, Cunty Purry or Skusha? You wish. jj2 

"Geniuses" with 1000 credits on every album such as Honey B (leach) or Cuntye? I don't think so. wendy1 

The answer:

Spoiler

Elvis Presley,The Beatles, Jimmy Hendrix, Michael Jackson and Madonna. sass1 

I am glad education system cares about taste.  gaga13 

TIME FOR A GOOD ASS CLAP FROM THE HIVE, I HAVE BEEN LETTING YOU FLOPPED SKANKS COMING FOR THE QUEEN, BUT NOT ANYMORE!

BEYONCÉ HAS A COURSE NAMED AFTER HER IN UNIVERSITIES

"BEYONCÉ STUDIES"

http://www.elleuk.com/life-and-culture/culture/news/a38298/beyonce-studies-free-university-copenhagen/

giphy.webp

AND YOU CAN APPLY FOR IT BTW, IT IS FREE!

HIGHER. EDUCATION.

LET THAT SINK IN.

AT LEAST YOU TRIED, SWEETHEART.

we love a fact:

No female pop-music figure has ever infiltrated the halls of academia as Madonna has. Scholars like Susan McClary, E. Ann Kaplan and Camille Paglia have taken up the Material Girl as a postmodern icon, making her the subject of study at Harvard, Princeton and UCLA. Naturally, Madonna is at the center of the raging debate between high and pop culture. Those who teach her are often called upon to defend her place in their syllabuses.

Harvard University's Lynne Layton, whose course includes a day on Madonna, says: "Teaching students how to read popular culture critically is as important as teaching them to read high art. Madonna is dedicated to breaking down hierarchies of race, class and gender."

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/mastering-madonna-19920917

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.