Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

secret

Best Britney Album

Best britney Album?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Bomt
    • Oida
    • Britney
    • ITZ
    • Blackout
    • Circus
    • Femme fatale
    • Britney Jean
    • Glory

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2017 at 08:48 AM

I don't really know how this Blackout frenzy started among her fans, seriously. Is it out of sympathy for the though period she was going through? 

Like, In The Zone is better in every single way. More cohesive, both lyrically and musically, more consistent, better flow, definitely higher highs, more complex musically. 

By the time you get to the end of Balckout it drags on for too long let's be real. It gets monotonus. In The Zone is more varied but at the same time it manages to be complete as a body of work. 

I'm really waiting for a real argument to why Blackout is better, not just "it's my favorite". 

On 9/25/2017 at 7:19 PM, YoungForever said:

I'm really waiting for a real argument to why Blackout is better, not just "it's my favorite". 

I think it’s because blackout was very different it had a dark & urban feel and was more serious(ish) 

also 

because gimme more is on there

35 minutes ago, Kenny Mccormick said:

I think it’s because blackout was very different it had a dark & urban feel and was more serious(ish) 

also 

because gimme more is on there

It was different but ITZ was a bigger departure from Britney than Blackout was from ITZ, we're not talking about BOMT here.

And Toxic > Gimme More

moo6

3 minutes ago, YoungForever said:

It was different but ITZ was a bigger departure from Britney than Blackout was from ITZ, we're not talking about BOMT here.

And Toxic > Gimme More

moo6

ITZ is appreciated a lot too 

it’s a matter of taste :)

Also 

Born to make you happy>Toxic 

On 9/25/2017 at 0:19 PM, YoungForever said:

I don't really know how this Blackout frenzy started among her fans, seriously. Is it out of sympathy for the though period she was going through? 

Like, In The Zone is better in every single way. More cohesive, both lyrically and musically, more consistent, better flow, definitely higher highs, more complex musically. 

By the time you get to the end of Balckout it drags on for too long let's be real. It gets monotonus. In The Zone is more varied but at the same time it manages to be complete as a body of work. 

I don't get it, either, tbh. I mean, I think Blackout is my second favorite album of hers creep1 (behind ITZ of course) But that's mostly because I feel like it has a cohesive sound and by process of elimination. (I don't think most of her albums are very strong, despite the fact that they all have 4-5 really good songs on them). That being said, I feel like some songs on Blackout can actually be kind of annoying... Not to mention sometimes when I think about it, I just get the feeling that Britney probably wasn't invested in it at all and that the producers were just sort of attempting to take advantage of her more sexualized image she'd created for herself in the years before. 

ITZ feels a lot more organic and personal. Even if the songs aren't "deep". (Early Mornin, The Hook Up, MATM), I can just feel Britney's presence behind them. I totally get the appeal of Blackout, but I don't understand how people can consider it her "best", objectively.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.