Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Rihanna would have more success and number 1s if she released different singles

Her albums would've been more successful if she had released like this.

Fire Bomb 

Hard

Russian Roulette 

Rude Boy

.. etc etc.. after that it didn't matter 

LOUD

Only Girl (in the World)

Whats my name

S&M

Cheers

Man Down

Complicated or Fading

Talk that Talk

We Found Love

Watch N Learn

Talk that Talk

Drunk on Love

Birthday Cake remix

Where have you been

Unapologetic 

Diamonds

Stay

Jump

No Love Allowed 

etc etc.

Anti

Love on the brain..

(went top 5, without a video, just imagine if it were a lead, and got a video treatment)

Work

Kiss it Better 

Needed Me

Consideration..

No to Fire Bomb being the lead single. I think Russian Roulette was the perfect comeback single considering what happened to her prior to it. It's darker and way more haunting than Fire Bomb imo, and I think Fire Bomb would've flopped even harder. Watch N Learn would've flopped too, and I don't think LOTB would've made a good lead single. It came out at the right time, and Work was already massive. Nothing on Anti would've caught the attention that Work did. I do think the Anti era could've been so much more though. With 4 singles and 3 music videos it was her smallest era in years, probably since the mixtapes. There was so much juice left in it. So many wasted opportunities. LOTB could have become a classic for her with more promo and a music video, and Anti could've done with another single or two. Maybe even a dual release with Consideration and Desperado. Jump definitely should've been released too, especially considering it smashed out of nowhere in Australia.

1 hour ago, s3x Symbol said:

Her albums would've been more successful if she had released like this.

Fire Bomb - would maybe reach top 10

Hard - same as above

Russian Roulette - would maybe be top 20

Rude Boy - #1

.. etc etc.. after that it didn't matter 

LOUD

Only Girl (in the World)

Whats my name

S&M

Cheers - probably would have been the 4th #1 from Loud or at least top 3

Man Down

Complicated or Fading - flop

Talk that Talk

We Found Love

Watch N Learn

Talk that Talk

Drunk on Love

Birthday Cake remix

Where have you been - this needed to be a single after WFL, it would have been even bigger 

Unapologetic 

Diamonds

Stay

Jump - agree with this one, even tho PIU is that

No Love Allowed - Love this song, but no

etc etc.

Anti

Love on the brain.. - This song was a good 4th single, it would have reached #1 with a video, it will become a Rihanna classic if she continues to perform it on tours

(went top 5, without a video, just imagine if it were a lead, and got a video treatment)

Work

Kiss it Better 

Needed Me

Consideration.. - Desperado or SWM would have been better choices, even tho this is a great song

Needed Me would have been a 10 week leader if it had been released first. Work would have still been a leader so i think she would have like 15 leaders by now

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.