Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

God Of Lyrics

Oh No Another Juicy ARTPOP thread

6 hours ago, THEM said:

But the thing with DWUW was that the song overall is so bland and basic...it was hard for Gaga to even do anything for it visually. It was a good but not amazing track that should have been given to someone else. Gaga needs those weird and big songs that serve for good visuals. That’s what people expected from her and ARTPOP.

I think at that point in her career the charts should have been secondary. It was about her artistic integrity. She totally lost her authenticity as an artist with that album. Music not the bling...my ass.

What? DWUW is amazing what are you talking about lmfao1

4 minutes ago, THEM said:

Would have been a good single for Tinashe but it was simply too basic for Gaga

I would agree on that according to what ARTPOP was meant to be, but in terms of her discography it would have been a perfect third single with the right promo. I mean, despite the chaos caused by the music video, it managed to crack the top 10 and top 20 in many countries. Having Applause as the lead and Venus as the 2nd single, Do What U Want would have been great to deliver a simple bop.

15 minutes ago, THEM said:

Would have been a good single for Tinashe but it was simply too basic for Gaga

Maybe in 2017 but not 4 years ago lmfao1 But you know nothing about Tinashe so remain silent if you don't want to humiliate yourself lmfao1

1 hour ago, AGNTEA said:

I would agree on that according to what ARTPOP was meant to be, but in terms of her discography it would have been a perfect third single with the right promo. I mean, despite the chaos caused by the music video, it managed to crack the top 10 and top 20 in many countries. Having Applause as the lead and Venus as the 2nd single, Do What U Want would have been great to deliver a simple bop.

Venus and Applause both underperformed though. I think Aura, Sexxx Dreams or GUY should have been the lead. They are way more along the lines of Gaga’s true sound. Kind of weird but very catchy club-ready songs.

Venus would have never been a good single. She performed it so many times and it simply didn’t do well.

5 minutes ago, THEM said:

Venus and Applause both underperformed though. I think Aura, Sexxx Dreams or GUY should have been the lead. They are way more along the lines of Gaga’s true sound. Kind of weird but very catchy club-ready songs.

Venus would have never been a good single. She performed it so many times and it simply didn’t do well.

Aura would've tanked laughcry1

2 minutes ago, THEM said:

Hmhmm, yeah I know what you mean. Though, I don't think it would have been a huge success, too, Venus represents ARTPOPs image very well. Therefore I think it deserved a true single treatment (not lead). But yeah, the promo was just a fucking mess. Performing it here and there, having a video for it sneaking into G.U.Y..wendy4 So sad G.U.Y had a typical big Gagavid and is a bop but underperformed so much wendy4

35 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Aura would've tanked laughcry1

So would Venus but it could have easily been passed off as a buzz single for Machete Kills. Then launch the era with G.U.Y., release Sexxx Dreams and then MANiCURE or Gypsy.

Say what you want about stupid decisions her and her label made during this era, but not releasing DWUW video was one of her best decisions ever. Everything she did back in the day was wrong, everything was met with backlash, imagine now if video happened, sure song would've jump to top 10 on hot 100 thanks to its streaming points, but it would've ended her reputation for good.

2 minutes ago, Angelus said:

Say what you want about stupid decisions her and her label made during this era, but not releasing DWUW video was one of her best decisions ever. Everything she did back in the day was wrong, everything was met with backlash, imagine now if video happened, sure song would've jump to top 10 on hot 100 thanks to its streaming points, but it would've ended her reputation for good.

And her credibility. Why would a rape victim glamorize rape and mock it? 

That song should have stayed an album track. She should have went for the songs that were more along the lines of what the album was about. Applause was a lukewarm lead single and not strong enough to compete with Roar. G.U.Y. could have served for an amazing VMA performance and video. It was a missed opportunity.

Just now, THEM said:

And her credibility. Why would a rape victim glamorize rape and mock it? 

That song should have stayed an album track. She should have went for the songs that were more along the lines of what the album was about. Applause was a lukewarm lead single and not strong enough to compete with Roar. G.U.Y. could have served for an amazing VMA performance and video. It was a missed opportunity.

I enjoyed DWUW a lot back in the day, even that lesbian aunts performance with Xtina was nice, but looking back now at the song,lyrics are terrible, but production is amazing. That rnb/synthpop suited her so well, it also came nice after overproduced mess like Venus and the rest of the album. 

36 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Are you talking about the SNL performance or what?

No, the video. We know the entire plot and some guy almost leaked it at the time she was nominated for a Grammy. He decided not to because that would have ruined her reputation and credibility for good.

She basically gets raped by Dr. Kelly in the video and wakes up pregnant at the end. jj4 

7 minutes ago, THEM said:

No, the video. We know the entire plot and some guy almost leaked it at the time she was nominated for a Grammy. He decided not to because that would have ruined her reputation and credibility for good.

She basically gets raped by Dr. Kelly in the video and wakes up pregnant at the end. jj4 

Yeah, the video seems gross, but I'm assuming that's a metaphor for letting the media do what they want with her. jj4

2 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Yeah, the video seems gross, but I'm assuming that's a metaphor for letting the media do what they want with her. jj4

jj4 I think that’s a bit of a reach.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.