Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Onyx

Will Xtina Remain in Britney's shadow even with this generation?

So we all know Britney has overshadowed X in the 90s and the 2000s, and apparently it's the same with this generation.

These teens thought Genie in a Bottle was by Britney meanwhile almost all of them knew that BOMT and Oops were Brit.

They didn't even know Dirrty

tenor.gif

And I thought being kids' favorite brand's spokersperson would help her brit5

This generation check for none of them, if you think otherwise you're so out of touch with reality, this generation is all about young & fresh blood. britney and xtina are like cassettes and walkmans to them: things of the past which they don't even get the fuss about.

2 minutes ago, Hector said:

can't wait for the deadney, brain-dead, zombie, robot, siri, etc etc etc "drags" to come out of this 

They can call her what they want but she remains something for this generation unlike xxl tehe1

1 minute ago, BEAUX said:

This generation check for none of them, if you think otherwise you're so out of touch with reality, this generation is all about young & fresh blood. britney and xtina are like cassettes and walkmans to them: things of the past which they don't even get the fuss about.

They still know her and her classics kylie2

3 minutes ago, Pigtina Obesilera said:

They still know her and her classics kylie2

Same goes to xtincta, younger generation still cite her as an influence, ask kylie jenner (clearly lives for dirrty), selena gomez (the whole revival album), and demi lovato (where do i even begin?)

rs_600x600-161211075254-600-kylie-jenner-christina-aguilera-birthday-party-2-121016.jpg?downsize=700:*&crop=700:700;left,top 

but they don't check for her like that since they have relatively younger replicas of her. 

X-legend is responsible for influencing these masterpieces so I think the fuck not.

Selena_Gomez_-_Revival_(Official_Deluxe_

Ariana_Grande_-_Dangerous_Woman_(Officia

Bangerz.png

No matter how much y'all try to deny her legacy and impact, it will always be present and a video of 2 teens from America won't change that. dead1

2 minutes ago, Jay. said:

X-legend is responsible for influencing these masterpieces so I think the fuck not.

Bangerz.png

No matter how much y'all try to deny her legacy and impact, it will always be present and a video of 2 teens from America won't change that. dead1

too bad only a few celebs care for her brit5

I'm still a little irked whenever people claim Britney and Xtina are "90s Legends" when they were both only around for basically just the last year of it. Tail end of the 90s, sure, but it was basically the turn of the century/decade.

Anyway, it really is a reality check when I realize that a fair portion of the younger generation either don't know these songs/artists or at least can't put the name to the song. I honestly think Oops has proven to be the song with the most longevity since then, despite Baby being the bigger hit at the time. (Also sad no one remembers Xtina's early hits sorry1)

15 minutes ago, Jay. said:

Bangerz.png

/thread.

Xtina at the early stage of her career was promoted as the next Mariah. Britney as the next Madonna. Both obviously didn't match their stats at the end. But Britney put more effort during her best years, when it comes to establishing her name. She was puting out material and touring constantly. And that gave her an advantage. xtina shouldn't have decided to slow down after only 3 proper eras. She is an icon, has impact and classics. But obviously Britney did more during 1998-2008. And that obviously helped her to remain a bigger name until now. 

1 hour ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Also sad no one remembers Xtina's early hits sorry1

Your fave can relate. sorry1

1 hour ago, Pigtina Obesilera said:

too bad only a few celebs care for her brit5

On 29/4/2017 at 0:26 PM, havok said:
Lady Gaga
I am a very big fan of Christina Aguilera... when I was 15 I was signing I Turn to You at the top of my lungs trying to hit all her notes. So she was an inspiration to me, to have a wider vocal range. x

Ariana Grande
@ArianaGrande my biggest musical influences are Imogen Heap, Christina Aguilera, MJ and Rihanna.
@ArianaGrande Happy birthday to one of my greatest influences ever, Xtina. I walked next to you on a red carpet and almost passed out. You inspire me <3 x

Sam Smith
Smith’s soulful voice introduced a new generation to classic songwriting and connected with those who remember his influences. He can hear in his voice those he grew up listening to: Whitney Houston, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera and Chaka Khan. x

Meghan Trainor
But Trainor admits her music is tough to categorize, as she draws equally from Christina Aguilera and The Andrews Sisters, from 1940s jazz and modern-day R&B, playing it on instruments ranging from guitar to keyboard to bongos. Influences: Frank Sinatra, All Soca Music from Trinidad, Michael Buble, Paul Simon, Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder, Christina Aguilera, Beverly Ross, All 50's music.

Demi Lovato
My inspirations are... people that I listened to when I was growing up were more known for their vocals rather than their sex appeal. I had a lot of respect for Whitney Houston, and Christina Aguilerax

Hayley Williams
@xtina such a dream meeting you! Remember learning how to sing high notes to your first record :smileyhappy: thx for always inspiring. Happy finale!��

Karmin
Lauryn Hill is a huge influence as a female artist who both raps and sings. I also love Brandy, Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera, and Alanis Morissette. x

Jordin Sparks
Mariah, Céline Dion and Christina Aguilera. Like, all very different, but at the same time like really influenced the way I sing and the way I put emotion into songs.

Tinashe
The first artist I was a big fan of that my parents didn’t introduce me to was Christina Aguilera. She was the first concert I went to, and vocally, she was a big influence. I was young at the time—probably seven—and she was still a teenager, just a kid who could out-sing her competition.

Julianne Hough
Julianne Hough says that although she grew up listening to country music, she was also inspired by pop stars with strong voices like Christina Aguilera. I've learned so much from watching her... she's phenomenal at everything she does. She's been my idol since she first came out, so it was just a really cool experience for me just being there and watching how she works. I was blown away!"

Lauren Jauregui (Fifth Harmony)
Her favorite artists are Journey, Paramore and The Script, as well as Alicia Keys and Christina Aguilera. She cites Christina Aguilera as her biggest musical influence.

Rebecca Ferguson
She cites Aretha Franklin, Kings of Leon, Christina Aguilera and Amy Winehouse among her influences.

JoJo
On her musical influences: I loved when Christina Aguilera came out. It was so exciting when a young girl with a big voice became a force to be reckoned with in the pop world and it made me feel like i could do it one day.

Jessie James
...Who cites her influences as LeAnn Rimes, Christina Aguilera, Janis Joplin and Bobbie Gentry

Rita Ora
...counts Beyoncé, Aaliyah, Christina Aguilera, David Bowie and Madonna amongst her influences.

Katharine McPhee
(on her biggest musical influences)... Also, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Puffy, KT Tunstall. x

Jessie J
(on the music she listened growing up) TLC, Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston, Lauryn Hill, Mariah Carey... lots of big diva voices. x

Becky G
Citing artists such as Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliot, TLC's Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez, and Jennifer Lopez as influences.

Charli XCX
Her influences include Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Kate Bush, Uffie, Brooke Candy, Lil Wayne and Quentin Tarantino. - ...what pop influenced her as a kid, citing Britney Spears, The Spice Girls, Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake as childhood idols.

Alexandra Burke
Christina is one of my major idols. ...Vocally for me it’s Christina because I’ve learnt from Christina from a very young age – from ‘Genie in a Bottle’ – and I’m sure Gaga has to. x

Candice Glover
(on her idols) When I was younger I used to wanna be just like Christina Aguilera. I would always say "I wanna be just like her" so she's really probably one of the reasons why I started singing because I heard her voice and it was so soulful and I modeled after her a lot. x

Lucy Hale
I grew up listening to Martina McBride, Faith Hill, and Shania Twain. I love Shania Twain. But I also grew up listening to artists like Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears, during the era of the young female pop star. I definitely have to give credit to them. Probably my favorite singers right now are Christina Aguilera and Mariah Carey. I think they have amazing voices and they’ve both just really inspired me. x

Plus Leona Lewis, Ashley Tisdale, Vanessa Hudgens, Adam Lambert, Kelly Clarkson, Pia Toscano, Iggy Azalea, Selena Gomez, Melody Thorton, Josh Devine, Cassadee Pope, Christina Grimmie, countless contestants over the years from American Idol, The Voice, X-Factor, and all her versions around the globe that have expressed their love, respect and admiration for Xtina and her work. Not to mention, all the artists she has influenced from Latin America, Asia and non-anglophone countries.

Is that so? 

87QEd.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.