Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Americunt

Active shooter on Las Vegas Strip; 58 dead, 500+ injured

1 minute ago, QUINN said:

I have literally never seen a metal detector in a hotel in the United States, and I travel quite a bit. 

I have, a few times. 

Usually around the front desk. 

Not in every hotel mind you, but they're there - now I suspect they'll be in every hotel. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

Aren't hotels also public venues since crusty, forgotten stars from the 60s perform there? I mean not all, and I don't know what kind of hotel this one is, but still.

The Venues that people perform at within hotels are pretty separated from the actual areas where people stay. There are often security checks and the occasional metal detector at those specific venues.

5 minutes ago, Mamacita said:

I have, a few times. 

Usually around the front desk. 

Not in every hotel mind you, but they're there - now I suspect they'll be in every hotel. 

I hope so. Despite the inconvenience that it would cause at huge places like the Mandalay Bay, it would make a lot of sense.

the wild thing that I've been seeing pushed in Vegas hotels lately is self check in. They have kiosks now where you just walk into the building, swipe your credit card, and you get your key card. They don't even have to look you in the eye, let alone check what you're carrying, to check you into their hotel.

1 minute ago, QUINN said:

I hope so. Despite the inconvenience that it would cause at huge places like the Mandalay Bay, it would make a lot of sense.

the wild thing that I've been seeing pushed in Vegas hotels lately is self check in. They have kiosks now where you just walk into the building, swipe your credit card, and you get your key card. They don't even have to look you in the eye, let alone check what you're carrying, to check you into their hotel.

That's scary in any given city, the prospect of self-check-in. 

That's VERY scary in a city like Las Vegas - where that extra layer is scrutiny should be in place.

And not just like, with things like this - but that could give way to criminals hiding out in these places, among other things. 

1 minute ago, Mamacita said:

That's scary in any given city, the prospect of self-check-in. 

That's VERY scary in a city like Las Vegas - where that extra layer is scrutiny should be in place.

And not just like, with things like this - but that could give way to criminals hiding out in these places, among other things. 

The first time I saw a self check in kiosk, this was my immediate thought. It breeds the concept of anonymity in a city where it's already heavily encouraged. We really don't need to be making things EASIER for criminals.

6 hours ago, Rosé said:

Reliance-of-the-Traveller.jpg

2000px-Apostasy_laws_in_2013.SVG.png

This is considered a " crime " in Islam if you convert from being a Muslim to an athiest , Christian etc & that's the punishment 

but not many countries ( I hope so ) do it anymore I think it was mostly because of the conditions back then with traitors n stuff like thatbrit3

I'm no expert on this so I suggest you ask a person with knowledge on this 

1 hour ago, Simón. said:

They really did wendy4 But I don't really believe them, but I guess we need to wait when the investigations are more clear

Fucking hell these cunts are claiming attacks that they didn't even probably do just to install " fear " over peoplejj4

truly an example of complete shit in society 

This is so heart breaking, woke up this morning and took the longest time to drag my ass out of bed cause I was stomach sick and my heart actually hurt. I will never wrap my head around why people do stuff like this.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.